What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GH survives the Extreme Cold

CN

BANNED
Well This week was a huge test for my GH all week long our low's were below zero an last night being the lowest at -10º F or -23º c. The Inside temps never going below 60º f
here are some pic's .

N . Ventricosa (Denver) female
2010_01090005.jpg

N. "Red Beauty"
2010_01090006.jpg

N. Mirabilis (pink blush)
2010_01090007.jpg

N. Vent x Trus (male)
2010_01090008.jpg

N. Ventricosa x Truncata x Veitchii
2010_01090012.jpg

N. Ventricosa-Red x Lowii x Ventricosa
2010_01090011.jpg

N. Vent x sib x Trus
2010_01090013.jpg

N. Vent -squat xTalang x Carrunculata
2010_01090014.jpg

N. Khasiana
2010_01090015.jpg

Now for the west side view of GH
2010_01090016.jpg

The Center
2010_01090017.jpg

The East side view
2010_01090018.jpg

Thanks for looking
Daren

Cool man! You'll have to tell us what the cost of heating it during these temps is when your bill comes next month, I have those same temps here 30 miles west of Minneapolis, MN and have always wanted a GH.

wow you did it , any idea what that ele bill will look like id like to try it next year. though our local utilities have just went up , this month is 80.00 more on an already large bill at least i think so .
what is the main heat source ?
great growing.
Let me know when your ready to cut a slip from that ventricosa X truncata x veitchii, like to make a trade, if you do that kind of thing
keep well ! warm!

Thanks Guys .
I will post next months Ebill when i get it ....lol

Let me know when your ready to cut a slip from that ventricosa X truncata x veitchii, like to make a trade....

:-))
I was just about to say the same thing.
That's the first vent. hybrid I've seen that I really like.

Keep it up, that's a great setup! :clap:

~BTW: your spectabilis cutting has roots.~

:-))

~BTW: your spectabilis cutting has roots.~

OMG .......Katie ......... I forgot all about that ..... lol .
I will be busy in the GH today we have a heat wave coming in today 22º :-O
I will see if that Khasiana is ready for Cuttin :-D

Daren

Daren,

Glad to hear you are getting it all worked out. The plants look great; thanks for sharing.

Daren are you getting any sun in , i know ive seen the videos but how high up did you put the foil insulation is it on the upper panels as well , just trying to get ready for next year , im going to try my gh thru winter.
Thanks

Yes Jimmy it gets about 5 hours of sun an the reflective insulation only goes too where the roof starts

Back