What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coming home!!!

FINALLY!! After 6 months of being in the Middle East i get to leave for home in a few days!! I'm actually kinda scared because to be honest I've become kinda institutionalized. I know I'm gonna be scared to go to the mall or any store without large open spaces. The road will make me nervous too..pot holes, dead animals, buildings ....im gonna go crazy! And then theres another major factor: SNOW!:0o: I havent seen snow in over a year! and now I gotta go back to it:blush:
2 days and a wake up!!!:boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::banana2::banana2::banana2:

Glad to hear your getting break. The snow is nothing I would be missing ! Keep us up to date on your travel.

Great to hear! At least you'll be back with your loved ones. :)

The road will make me nervous too..pot holes, dead animals, buildings ....im gonna go crazy!
Aw it'll be an interesting experiment to run on yourself and see how well you can integrate back into regular abnormal society! :D

Glad you'll be home though!

Welcome home and thank you for everything you have done.

Congrats and thank you for your service!

Aw it'll be an interesting experiment to run on yourself and see how well you can integrate back into regular abnormal society! :D

Glad you'll be home though!

Lol If i did decide to drive, Again IF, i would bring someone along because i know i would have to quit eventually...i wont be able to handle it...I'm used to being in a turret with 1/2" thick plates of steel surrounding me and my windows consisting of at LEAST six layers of 1/4" glass and while being behind Americas most powerful machine gun, the M2 .50 caliber with an crapload of ammo, my M4 and ammo, along with my 9mm and ammo and body armor from head to toe! and not only that my the other 2 in the truck with me have similar equipment. I'm going to be :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
The roads potholes,ditches, and dead animals will be interesting as well...hope i dont come across any..... Hope i keep my sanity!
And i noticed that i now have an EXTREMELY short temper and the smallest things set me off..I know it's normal for people doing this but ...dang, I'm just not used to liking it.. anyway looking forward to the madness:jester:

Knowing that there are challenges ahead is half the battle. Sounds like your pretty grounded from the git go.

Ditto on what droseraguy says - I'm glad to hear you're conscious of and acknowledging those feelings. I'm sure you hear this all the time these days, but it takes a lot of guts to ask for help. Here's hoping you can use your down time to get grounded and back to your civilian self. Come home safe.
~Joe

Well once I go home I have 2 weeks and then I have to come back to finish my tour. That'll be another 5 months.... Idk if i could deploy for a second tour...and this one isn't even bad.. On the good side however there is the tattoo parlor to look forward to!..tho i think some of you would disagree with the one I'm getting (i'll keep it quiet but if you really wanna know PM me) but it represents an important chapter in my life. Just need to decompress...

Back