Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thar she blows! Sarah Palin joins Fox News team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it's not what she has or has not done, or whatever political party she's with, it's her attitude, the overall impression. The full meal deal. The vibe she gives off is that she's a snotty girl. There's just no nice way to say it, she acts like a snotty smug little girl who's trying to ingratiate herself to the "common man".

Not to mention how she is always going on about her morality and the strength of her family, how truly American she is, blah blah blah. You shouldn't have to continually tell people this stuff about yourself. It's not important, at all. I would probably have more respect if she were a pole dancer at Church Of Satan luncheons and running an abortion clinic - just so long as she didn't go on and on about it all the time!
    (Sidenote: The COS is actually anti-abortion imagine that!)

Fox actually has MN's old Miss America Gretchen Carlson who's a very well educated "rich elitist" but plays dumb to appeal to the TV watching masses. I don't like her either for many of the same reasons I don't like Palin. Top of the list is that smug fakeyness. I've dealt with office people like that and I can't stand that. But I think she'll be perfect for Fox news because everyone on there has that smugness about them that just drives me up the wall. When I read the story I actually thought "it took them long enough!" LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler... I have to admit I do not know much about Palin. I can see why the media demonizes her. I may just have to eat my earlier words here as she sounds like one tough SOB who may be what is right for America. I am never ashamed to admit I was wrong. If your info is true as I would guess that it is, then I was wrong about her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well swords Obama seems to be throwing lil tantrums when things dont go his way.......ill take someone that gets crap done even if i dont 100% agree with them versus someone that promises you the world but never tells yah how he is gonna do it....Palin was a known quantity if you took the time to actually look at her background......Obama is and always has been all talk, no action, typical Chicago politician......how many corupt SOB's for his staff did he try and get congress to approve? even when the Dems had the control Bush only couldnt get a single individual approved.....even with a Dem majority Obama had a hell of a time cause he kept putting his buddies up that were crooks....typical Chicago politician.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget I still think they put electrodes in Obamas brain after he got elected. LOL In all honesty I haven't been much of a fan ever since. More wars and a 4% larger budget for "national defense" than Bush, piss poor excuse for universal healthcare, allowing polluters to pollute, letting the torturers walk, continued omniscience of the citizens... As you know, this is not what I voted for.

As far as "corrupt chicago politicians" goes, all politicians are corrupt. It's the nature of the game, politics is nothing but double-dealing and obfuscation. I hate to make blanket statements like that but I have never heard of a clean politician with no dirty laundry or not trying to hide what they're doing. Of course they're all going to talk about how corrupt the other guys are, that gives them time to hide their own skeletons in their closet. "Hey look at what THAT guy did" that way nobody will be looking at them as they do their own dirty deeds. After all Palins first term Governorship was so riddled with ethics violations she had to resign...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    Rattler... I have to admit I do not know much about Palin. I can see why the media demonizes her. I may just have to eat my earlier words here as she sounds like one tough SOB who may be what is right for America. I am never ashamed to admit I was wrong. If your info is true as I would guess that it is, then I was wrong about her.
    I have been a lurker of Terraforums for a while. Iím surprised my first post here is a long-winded political one rather than one involved with CPs; however I have great interest in politics from world to local- almost a hobby of mine. I grew up in Chicago Ė so I seen first hand how machine politics work. A brief background to try to indicate that Iím not just a troll: I grow both temperate and tropical CPís, I have a CP bog garden, a KOI Pond. I also have just started tissue culturing CPs. I also am fairly active on another popular CP group.

I want to make a point here and take it for what itís worth. Dashman, The reason why you didnít know, was because the general liberal media was more concerned about bashing her than to report on the outstanding job she did for the people of Alaska. The facts that Rattler brought up are accurate, she should have been praised as a good Governor who did great things for the state- instead the only thing, I say it again, the only thing they could try to say negitave about her (inaccurately) is sheís not smart and attacked her family. Think about it, the media sent more spys, and put more bugs up her butt, than any other politician in history to find dirt; And they came up Nothing Ė Nada. Her personal email was hacked- and there was no BS to be found. This kinda shows we got a real person with real integrity here, who is looking after her fellow citizens- this is a rare thing, and what we need in our politicians.

The good news Dashman is, when you were presented with facts, you used common sense to, realize you may have been misled- many do not have common sense, and tend to blindly keep drinking the Koolaid.
    Last note, if you want more objective news, watch Fox news , Aside from Hannity & Beck, Who bring up very good points, but are conservative one-sided, (they are political commentators , and voice opinions). Watch some of the rest of Fox including Bill Oíreilly ( he is a news/political anylist- which base his findings on objective facts) If you watch with an OPEN mind, you will see they bring objective and various points of views that are very accurate with facts that can be substantiated. Most other news networks are now trying to brainwash, mislead, and skew facts, trying to change our social system; and was very successful with this past election manufacturing a false God. There are reasons their audiences are dropping fast, and Fox is Riseing with incredible ratings. Wise people are tired of being BSed. Sorry to bore some of you, I only suggest before you draw conclusions about anything important to you, or could be,- donít take just any one source (Fox or the liberal Media)- step-back, research the facts- GET WISE
    Informational Media is Power at itís essence. The most oppressive regimes has always put the highest priorities and efforts to control the media-- to control itís people. View it objectively
    Soon hope to get into some CP Cultivating discussions
    Good Luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF, Bud!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes welcome to the occasional TF fight club... I mean general discussion forum! lol

We have fun though, at least I do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you go through here active stance on long term political issues her responses were always... scary to me...

that mixed with appearing to be a moron makes me glad she's taking a career with a news group i dont pay attention to.. almost a best case scenario for me really..

of course I'm not necessarily saying "she's a bad person" or whatever, I'm sure she has good intentions and she may have even done great things as the governor for alaska, but being a good govenor and running a country thats going through some problems and needs real leadership is something else entirely in my opinion...

just becuase you can bag groceries at the grocery store for 6 months doesn't mean you should run the whole store the following week..

not trying to open up the great debate... just thought i'd share my 2 cents.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast