What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thar she blows! Sarah Palin joins Fox News team

Haha, just like old times, huh rattler? :poke:

Anyway, I could have answered those questions from Couric. I could have done so when I was in sixth grade. She's going to be Vice President, but goes "deer in the headlights" when asked simple questions? Anyway everything we saw there and elsewhere indicates she really is clueless. The "Game Change" revelations came from McCain staffers, not from Democrats. They came from the people who had to experience and manage it first-hand. They were concerned enough to have a doctor look at her to determine her mental state. Yikes.

Anyway, she is a "death panel" liar. For that alone, she should be shunned. She makes stuff up for political gain. Why would you want that on your news channel?

You kind of substantiate my point. The things that she gets BASHED about and knocked down silly, because of a cherry picked moment where she may not have responded quickly enough. My God if you knew the schedules these people keep, surviving on a few hours sleep a night day after day and you Bash her because she didn’t respond quick enough to what magazines she reads? If that’s the worst I have to worry about, in all the garbage politicians out there I’ll take it! I have to be honest, there are time I get surprised asked for my phone number in awkward moments, and sometimes I have to think about it. Capslock I guess you’re fortunate for always being on the ball and able to shoot off answers off the top of your head in any situation- don’t know many people like that.

I Don’t understand why the such Hatred from the far left-

Oh I kinda understand- and Capslock I know where your coming from; No that doesn’t mean I agree with you, I mean I see where you dwell.

Someone get that woman a teleprompter like Obama. :-))

I was at stage side photographing a Rob Halford concert (ex-singer for Judas Priest) and he was using a teleprompter disguised as a microphone monitor!
"Living after midnight..." how hard is that to memorize? :D

Haha, just like old times, huh rattler? :poke:

old times? hasnt been that long since we have gone rounds have we? seems i got another vote for my side this time that aint got to many screws loose :D

for the record, i do not care for either party.....my beliefs are closer to constitutionalists than anything....i aint demo, aint repub, aint liberal, aint conservative.....want things handled closer to home instead of DC, we started off as the united States of America, unfortunately Lincoln changed it to the United States of America......we werent set up to be a single solid country and thats what is gonna be our downfall......

old times? hasnt been that long since we have gone rounds have we? seems i got another vote for my side this time that aint got to many screws loose :D

for the record, i do not care for either party.....my beliefs are closer to constitutionalists than anything....i aint demo, aint repub, aint liberal, aint conservative.....want things handled closer to home instead of DC, we started off as the united States of America, unfortunately Lincoln changed it to the United States of America......we werent set up to be a single solid country and thats what is gonna be our downfall......

"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter." Homer Simpson.

:-))

If Sarah Palin's words werent funny, and then Tina Fey repeats everything so precisely,
how does that make Tina Fey funny exactly? ??? :crazy:

neither of clips are funny..kinda boring really..

Scot

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

this one was funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXVIwo5fLYs

Ultimately Palin's inexperience was her downfall. If her Fox news entertainment gig helps her to refine her stance on important national political issues her popularity will soar. And that makes me uneasy because I strongly dislike her. Hopefully Tina Fey will get some more material in the process. It will be my consolation prize.

During the presidential campaign Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live looked like Sarah Palin, gestured like Sarah Palin, talked like Sarah Palin, and even said the same words as Sarah Palin. The difference was that Tina Fey was funny, and Sarah Palin was trying to be serious. It was surreal.

Tina Fey as Sarah Palin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2gE-VVjBI

Tina Fey and Sarah Palin, word for word: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsU26FNC0sg

Ultimately Palin's inexperience was her downfall. If her Fox news entertainment gig helps her to refine her stance on important national political issues her popularity will soar. And that makes me uneasy because I strongly dislike her. Hopefully Tina Fey will get some more material in the process. It will be my consolation prize.

but her experiance was greater than Obama's.......a governor has more experience in leadership than someone thats spent a few years in the state legislature and a few more in the federal....a governors arse is on the line far morePalin led, Palin got crap done that governors before her couldnt what did Obama do other than stand up and speak bullcrap? all Obama had to do was get up and talk and if something didnt go right he could blaim it on someone else not cooperating with him in some back room committee.....Palins decisions were her own with no one to pass the blame on to if things didnt work out.....

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter." Homer Simpson.

:-))

if yah understand how and why this country was founded it might make more sense to you, unfortunately history is poorly taught anymore.......im big on states rights and the Constitution, two things that are solidly intertwined.....DC is mainly a worthless unneeded bureaucracy, all DC needs to be concerned with is national defense and settling disputes between the states......most anything else should fall on the shoulders of the states governments....i dont see where i have much business telling Indiana how they should do things as i have no clue what your major concerns and problems are, you have no reason sticking your nose in Montana's business for the same reasons......our concerns and problems are different and ppl in DC from across the country are not going to be able to fix them without causing more problems.....

but her experiance was greater than Obama's.......a governor has more experience in leadership than someone thats spent a few years in the state legislature and a few more in the federal....a governors arse is on the line far morePalin led, Palin got crap done that governors before her couldnt what did Obama do other than stand up and speak bullcrap? all Obama had to do was get up and talk and if something didnt go right he could blaim it on someone else not cooperating with him in some back room committee.....Palins decisions were her own with no one to pass the blame on to if things didnt work out.....

Being governor in Alaska didn't give Palin the experience to be McCain's running mate. She just wasn't great at being a politician. She wasn't able to stay cool when asked difficult questions. And she wasn't able to be believable when she lied. These are skills that successful politicians need.

She's charismatic, a hard worker and relatively intelligent. I'm confident that she'll pick up the skills she needs to be successful. Until then she's "inexperienced"!

if yah understand how and why this country was founded it might make more sense to you, unfortunately history is poorly taught anymore.......im big on states rights and the Constitution, two things that are solidly intertwined.....DC is mainly a worthless unneeded bureaucracy, all DC needs to be concerned with is national defense and settling disputes between the states......most anything else should fall on the shoulders of the states governments....i dont see where i have much business telling Indiana how they should do things as i have no clue what your major concerns and problems are, you have no reason sticking your nose in Montana's business for the same reasons......our concerns and problems are different and ppl in DC from across the country are not going to be able to fix them without causing more problems.....

Yes, I agree. That was the original purpose of the consitution. If it weren't mentioned in the constitution, then it was the states domain to handle. That is unless an amendment was added and ratified by the states to give the control to the federal government. We were designed as a republic of independant states.

And well, I can't say that is what we are today.

Being governor in Alaska didn't give Palin the experience to be McCain's running mate. She just wasn't great at being a politician. She wasn't able to stay cool when asked difficult questions. And she wasn't able to be believable when she lied. These are skills that successful politicians need.

She's charismatic, a hard worker and relatively intelligent. I'm confident that she'll pick up the skills she needs to be successful. Until then she's "inexperienced"!

in recent history, where has the experience your talking ever done us any good......we have never had a good president whos only experiance is legislative....infact they tend to fail horribly....

in recent history, where has the experience your talking ever done us any good......we have never had a good president whos only experiance is legislative....infact they tend to fail horribly....

Being a skilled politician means furthering your agenda (and your constituents' agendas)! One might argue that if you can't get elected you're not the top of your field.

getting elected and doing something good afterwards are two seperate issues....Palin got elected and while she was elected got crap done others couldnt and maintained the highest approval rating of any governor.....that means more to me than legislative experiance.....she has leadership experiance, put her money where her mouth was and did what she promiced to do and maintained a high approval rating while doing it.....Obama wrote two books on basically nothing cause he didnt accomplish anything.....most of his votes in the Illinois legislature were a vote of "present" not yay or nay.....his history sucks, in 2 years as governor Palin accomplished more than Obama did in a decade as a state and federal legislator.....

getting elected and doing something good afterwards are two seperate issues....Palin got elected and while she was elected got crap done others couldnt and maintained the highest approval rating of any governor.....that means more to me than legislative experiance.....she has leadership experiance, put her money where her mouth was and did what she promiced to do and maintained a high approval rating while doing it.....Obama wrote two books on basically nothing cause he didnt accomplish anything.....most of his votes in the Illinois legislature were a vote of "present" not yay or nay.....his history sucks, in 2 years as governor Palin accomplished more than Obama did in a decade as a state and federal legislator.....

I was just trying to explain what I meant by "inexperienced" and I feel like you're changing the subject.

And now for something completely different:

Welcome Bud, hope to see some pics of your CP's and the Koi pond!
Although I guess the dead of Winter ain't really a good time for pics...

Thanks & Ya Winter in Chicagoland is kind of a Drag, But the Fishies are all tucked in a cold frame I build for them.

winterkoi.jpg

Last edited:
Back