Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thar she blows! Sarah Palin joins Fox News team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmm889 View Post
    just becuase you can bag groceries at the grocery store for 6 months doesn't mean you should run the whole store the following week..
    That kinda relates to Obama too... who I like is some ways, and other ways I do not.
    About his "flip-flopping", I think once he got the reins he also got the facts and had to make real decisions instead of speeches.

Now for Palin, I like her... she went a bit too conservative for my tastes and I'd respect her more if she at least finished her term as Governer, but she has done some good things and got them done.

My opinion on Fox is it does balance and make fair the media. Everything else on TV is quite Liberal, so why not watch both and make your own decisions instead of simply accepting what you're told?

Welcome Bud, hope to see some pics of your CP's and the Koi pond!
    Although I guess the dead of Winter ain't really a good time for pics...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never realised until this week, that Liberals have their own version of Fox News!
    its MSNBC..
    man oh man, is that network out on the wacko fringe!
    I purposly watched it for about an hour the other night..
    its EXTREME far left hate-mongering disguised as a news network..
    unbelieveble..if it werent so scary, it would be funny..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are networks to both extremes. I dont watch either of them.

fox happens to be one of them in my humble opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Much for The welomes, and being easy on me!

Bud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never realised until this week, that Liberals have their own version of Fox News!
    its MSNBC..
    Just now you realized that? LOL You've missed their greatest hits then, watching the 2008 election coverage flipping between FOX and MSNBC was a total comedy fest! Watch an hour on each back and forth all night long and you too can have a BP of 240/120!

Scarborough Country in the morning on MSNBC is actually quite conservative and doesn't really fit the rest of their lineup.

Who wouldn't pay for ringside seats to Oberman VS Oreily? In reality I'll bet anything those two are drinkin' buddies (or "worse") off the air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Just now you realized that? LOL You've missed their greatest hits then, watching the 2008 election coverage flipping between FOX and MSNBC was a total comedy fest! Watch an hour on each back and forth all night long and you too can have a BP of 240/120!

Scarborough Country in the morning on MSNBC is actually quite conservative and doesn't really fit the rest of their lineup.

Who wouldn't pay for ringside seats to Oberman VS Oreily? In reality I'll bet anything those two are drinkin' buddies (or "worse") off the air.
    yeah! I just never noticed it before!
    I never pay much attention to the cable news stations..to me they are all pretty much the same..but a few days ago I was channel surfing and I came across this guy..(I just googled it..its Keith Oberman) who was talking about Haiti, and also said something about "America's number one insane racist" (I think those were his exact words!) (referring to Rush Limbaugh of course) which made me stop and pay attention..he ranted a bit more, and I thought "woah..this is supposed to be a news network?"

I dont know much about Oreily either..although every time I have watched him, he seems pretty rational..I think Liberals probably hate him because he tells the truth about Democrat policies, which liberals dont like to hear..things like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-JF5rAHJZQ

Things like that simply are not reported in the mainstream liberal news..(which is IMO everything else except Fox news, including local TV news and local newspapers.)..
    you will never hear about this problem (of where the money might end up) on MSNBC!
    because Obama can do no wrong..many real problems are simply ignored by the left.
    and if someone dares to bring up the issues they ignore, that person is immediately branded as racist or hateful..which from I have seen, is almost always a huge distortion..

another recent example, (which the MSNBC guy might have been referring to)..Rush Limbaugh has been accused by the Left of being racist simply for *talking about* Harry Reid's racist statement! If you even talk about someone else being racist, that brands you as a racist yourself..(but only if you are a conservative of course..) If you are a liberal, you can never be racist..its virtually impossible..
    the recent hypocrisy of the left is absolutely stunning..

Im think im just going to "skip" MSNBC..program it so its invisible while channel surfing (I skip over all the sports networks, home shopping, and spanish stations..you can program it so the remote just bypasses them) That Oberman guy is incredibly offensive..and I also cant stand the smug self-righteous attitude of that woman host on MSNBC..I cant think of her name..you know the one..

unfortunately there seems to no where to get genuinely unbiased news in the USA..
    I sometimes watch BBC news..they seem good.
    anyone have any suggestions?

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah there is no such thing as unbiased news... at least for america.

we could take a vote on it... except there are 60 dems... so....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can tell, all these cats Oreilly, Oberman, Limbaugh, etc. are all COMMENTATORS they are not actually giving news but infotainment it's the same thing as reading your editorials page and calling that news.

The only thing I am interested in when I want to hear news is what, where and when, I only want the headlines. Anything else any of them say on any of those News network channels is nothing more than the same sort of opinionated banter we have here on TF. Their opinions are no more "news" than mine or rattlers or whomever. For headlines one of my faves is watching the BBC! Skip US corporate broadcasting altogether! LOL

Pat Robertson said the reason Hati was devastated by the earthquake was cos the country made a pact with satan and is infested with voodoo priests... That's the best piece of "news" I've ever heard! LOL

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast