0 Thread(s)
    CA is cold ! Brrrrrr ! 40F...

Why so negative ? "Winter is halfway gone?"

"Spring is halfway here !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come to montreal, THAT'S COLD(and humid)!

Yeah, I have to agree that winter is about half done, since it really does start in november (sometimes earlier) and ends in mid-march (usually... i've gotten snow on my birthday, on may 6th :P) But the real cold weather has yet to come, so bundle up northerners, it's coming! But I can't complain, it's better than living with tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes.
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So true blokeman.....it was 15 degrees april weekend last time I was up there in the spring, although I feel its really the wind in Montreal that makes it feel much colder (Burlington VT isn't much warmer than Montreal). Its the January thaw in MA, mid to upper 30's this week....can't wait until late march/ april when the deep freezes are over

Indigo, I feel your pain in the spring time too....I have had allergies all my life and if I'm not heavily medicated in the spring I'm sneezing repeatedly every 5 minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a definate point there mr. celtics... as Montreal is an island on the St-Lawrence river, there's always wind, except for the days where it's a nice clear sky, but those days are much colder due to the 'no ceiling effect'. I love it! Couldn't live without winter.

I used to have severe allergies, but took a test where they prick your arm like 20 times and then put drops of different fluids that are basically concentrations of pollen/dog hair/cat hair/feathers/ragweed/etc... those that showed up with reactions, you're allergic to basically. I took weekly shots of small concentrations of those I was allergic to, and I no longer have any allergies, at all.
    I've never taken allergy relief medications, reason being is that they supplement your body with inhibitors to block the histamine causing you to have the symptoms you have. Your body (I assume) gets used to not having to take them, and you become dependent to using them.
    I speak from experience, as my dad has had to use them, having taken the shots like me, but still has allergies. He took the allergy pills alongside with the treatments, leading me to believe that it's quite possible that the human body ceases to produce as much histamine blocker when taking the pills as opposed to not... I have to admit, that I did suffer, for a while, but my body became accustomed to it, and maybe 5 years ago, I no longer had, or have had allergies since.
    Get the shots, it'll change the way you see everything.
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
    I feel sorry for you northerners Still lots of cold weather left. It's times like this that I am glad I no longer live on Long Island
    You lived on the Island? Where? I grew up in Huntington.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been unusually warm for the last week or so..
    highs around 35 - 40..nice weather for a walk! (seriously!

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    half over? yippee! only 3 months left!

on an interesting note, did a big loop around the state this weekend.....more snow here on the flats at 2000 feet than west of the continental divide at 5000 feet, that was just weird......guess they got more snow than we did but hit a warm spike last week......once yah hit east of the CD snow was more common or iff you were west of it it kinda started somewhere between 5000 and 6000 feet......more snow headed this way this weekend but temps are supposed to be decent....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blokeman, I am now on round 2 of shots....I used to take them when I was much younger, although I never really felt they completely worked although they did help me out. I am doing shots again, been doing them since last spring. As of this point I still take my med's + shots, and still find a way to have allergic reactions...but I will admit I am a lot better than I used to be, thankfully its only dust, pollen, mold etc. and not food! On the prick test you mentioned I had so many of them react and the worst part was no scratching! Allergies suck, but I've learned to live with them....

But hey I enjoy when things come back to life after a long winter.....and for those of you that ski or board, its a great time to go hit the slopes!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast