Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with picking a camerca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second the camera size issue. My old Nikon was big and clunky weighed at least 1lb my new Fuji is the size of a credit card and maybe 4 oz. Seems to make a big difference in being able to hold and hand shoot clear images.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to read reviews in Consumer Reports before I buy anything. They most recently covered digital cameras in their July, September, and December 2009 issues. You may have to check with your local library for access.

Online, there's a website called consumersearch.com. They take into consideration many different sources, including some of my favorites: cnet.com, Consumer Reports, and amazon.com. Here's a link to their digital camera page:
    http://www.consumersearch.com/cameras

Once you have an idea of which camera you want, I also suggest reading the user reviews available on amazon and cnet. While the user reviews are mostly by amateurs, I have learned a lot from these amateur reviews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote for Canon.
    Both my point and shoot and slr are Canons.
    I don't have the image stabilization on either so I have to use a tripod a lot.
    Def check out amazon for reviews and pics
    also this is a good website with very in depth reviews
    http://www.dpreview.com/
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the cannon sx10 is and it does very well for me (is it ok to name model#s here)
    This is at the long focus 20Xoptical,and hand held it has a few more zoom but at digital,
    and this is about what i can do with it at macro focus and about 9 inches out from plant, also hand held, it does have super macro but i am still learning.

Learning How To Multiply Indigo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After like a month and half of searching.... and saving ... I finally picked Nikon S8000 Can't wait to bring it home this weekend

edit:

I can't make up my mind... I need help

Which one is better Help me pick

$299.95 Nikon coolpix S8000

$349.99 Canon powershot SX210

I really don't know which one to buy... The canon SX210 have more feature to it. But my friends keep telling me to buy Nikon S8000

Their comment: "Nikon is a better brand" " The memory stick for Nikon is cheaper and Canon memory stick cost double as much"

And I personally really like the design of Nikon S8000. The Canon design doesn't look too hot..

And Nikon one seems to have better focus on Macro shots, They pretty much the same. except for canon 50$ expensiver and 50 more shots. and with Miniature effect and fisheyes effect that really attracted me so much

If I can;t make up my mind until this weekend. Imma pick the Nikon one just for fun as a beginner photographer

Indigo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if you got ours yet, but i went with the Nikon coolpix P90, it works great for me and the macro setting is actually very nice for a point and shoot. I think i got mike off amazon for almost 300 more or less, I know a bit on the pricey side but it does what i want and it does it well. There are mostly good reviews on amazon, just thought i would say i had great success with mine so far

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canon has more manual settings.
    they both look great.
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to confuse you even more but you might look at the Panasonic ZS3. It's supposed to be an excellent, versitile camera. It should serve you well for everything from macro to long distance shots and it's been reviewed many many times with all the reviews saying positive things. Anyway the best thing about this one is that the ZS7 is about to come out so the ZS3 is under $250 right now which really can't be beat for the quality of the camera. The ZS7 that's coming out might be good too but will be $400 so it's probably out of your price range. Plus the production models haven't been tested yet and the pre production model images aren't looking as good as the ZS3's so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12