Thread: Need help with picking a camerca

Learning How To Multiply Indigo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with picking a camerca

HI TF'ers

Well... I'm quite newb at this "technology" stuff I'm thinking to get a camera for my CP or maybe other purpose. so anyway, can anyone tell me what should I look for when buying camera? like brand, mega pixel, and other stuff and suggestion The budget should be around 300 XD

thanks in advance

Indigo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy one of the canon powershot cameras with image stabilization. They're awesome! I have the powershot sd570 is which is like three years old, and I still love it.

Learning How To Multiply Indigo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngantnier View Post
    Buy one of the canon powershot cameras with image stabilization. They're awesome! I have the powershot sd570 is which is like three years old, and I still love it.
    I loooked it up its nice I Will keep this in mind.

Anyone got more suggestion? I wanna compare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also recommend the canon powershop series. Very good for point and shoot.

although I shoot a canon 50d

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last summer I bought a Fuji Finepix J20 (10 Megapixels) which is very easy to use, has image stabilization and a one touch macro (close up/detail) feature. It's got a large LCD and a minimal button layout for quick "turn on and shoot" use but you can delve into the onscreen menus and manually adjust things if you want to. I previously had a Nikon Coolpix 5700 for about 10 years or so which was a chore to setup and then maybe I'd get a good shot if I was using a tripod. Forget about hand held and usually even tripod shots with it were still blurry... I hated that thing after I got it and it was crazy expensive. My new Fuji was 10% of the price of the Nikon and I love it 100% more. The new Fuji can also shoot up to two 45 minute movies on one 8 GB memory card.

Your best bet is to go to a store and just play around and find a camera that is intuitive for YOU to use. Glowing reviews from others doesn't matter as much as usability to you specifically cos you're the one who'll be using it. Get out there and play with a bunch of different ones, taking note of the brand name and model number. Then come home and look up the models you liked online and see what the reviews say about them. I bought my Nikon Coolpix 5700 going on only the glowing reviews I read, had I gone and played with it at the store I probably would have said "screw this thing"! lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What swords says is very true. Though I still recomend you at least try out the cannons :P

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important thing I learned through my camera research was that megapixels really don't mean jack if you aren't going to be making large prints or viewing your images in large sizes. If you're only going to be viewing/sending your pictures on the computer or making normal, small size prints don't spend extra money on more megapixels, which are often used as the selling point for digital cameras. For the average person, the difference between a 5 and 15 mp camera will be unnoticeable.

Instead, base your choice off of brand/lens quality. In my opinion, the best point and shoot lenses come from Nikon and Canon; but they are also usually the most expensive.

I recommend reading reviews. This should help.

Good luck!
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first decision is the size of the camera you want. If it's big, you can't carry it in your pocket unless the pocket is unusually large, so you can take photos only when you intentionally decide that you want to take photos. Then if you want to do something else, the camera gets in the way. If the camera is small, you can carry it in your pocket anytime -- even when you don't intend to take photos, and if you happen to see a nice shot, you can take the photo. A lot of small cameras are now packed with features.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast