Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lighting spectrum

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy,

I'm a firm believer in redundancy, two or more smaller fans on at least two separate power supplies are better then one big one.

If one fails for any unforeseen reason, temps my climb... but they wont climb like they would if your only fan failed.

just my 2 cents,
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they did send 4 gro bulbs and i ordered one in the blooming spectrum, they did get that wrong but i called and they are shipping it at no charge, and do not want me to return the other bulb , thought made up for the slight mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plan Av8tor - I may have to steal that idea! I was just gonna buy one 12V 2000mA power pack (enough to run all 10 canopy/shelf fans and then some) but halving that onto two packs and doing 4 or 5 fans on each, "just incase" sounds like a backup I can get into!

Got a 4 PC fan controller module off evilbay in the mail. Gonna see if I can wire four fans to it and run it off a 12V powerpack (and not use a PC power box) so I have knob style adjustments hanging over each stack of vivariums under the flip up lid panels. If it doesn't work out oh well, it was only $0.99 plus shipping for the gizmo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    her is a pic of the diff t-12 verses t-5

their not kidding,
    when they say High Out put, LOL
    i can feel my corneas burning .

im going to monitor the heat and set up some fans, a must if im to leave these lights on while im at work,

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy,

Looks great... they are an awesome light. Of course the camera is doing everything it can to balance the lighting conditions so the images may not reflect the full scope of the difference

Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good! Are you using the cable hangers it came with or were you able to mount it to the top of your stand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a dual spectrum 350w cfl it seems to do good it had 6400k and 2700k it does good for veg also and is an enegery saving bulb but the bulb is massive
    When I Was A Child,I Spoke As A Child,I Understood As A Child,I Thought As A Child,But When I Became A Man,I Put Childish Things Away

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...990#post928990

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Looks good! Are you using the cable hangers it came with or were you able to mount it to the top of your stand?
    Made a couple hangers similar to theirs.
    so i could hang them closer to the upper shelf, and may try to get it a little closer yet if I could get 3/4 to 1 inch more i wouldnt be as worried about the terrarium,the ones it came with looked the same just much taller , the heat above doesnt seem to be too high ,just under the bulbs , the tank top is getting fairly hot, it is the lowland terr but i'll still need the fans, ill do two on two seperate power supplies.
    What do you think of acclimating the plants by , starting with 3 or 4 hours, and adding say 40 min extra a day till i reach 10 to 12 hours. i dont have the height to do the lowering thing you suggested unless i remove the upper shelf, i have several gemmae and ceph, leaves starting, and dont want to move them unless i have to.
    I ordered a two bulb t-5 fixture to day , couldn't help myself i have to compare them to the 4 -t12's.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast