What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Thread starter chezilla
  • Start date
Who do y'all think has the most amusing, disturbing, amusing, etc... avatar picture up here.

Clue's drawn nep pictures are very cool.

Sword's, is just freaky.

Someone used to have a down the gullet shot of a sarr that looked like an eye, that was neat looking.

My avatar is the best.

End of discussion.

(And it was CN with the Sarr picture)

i dont know about that capensis i think mines pretty cool after all it is your username :D

you know what maybe i am :D

Well, better go make a new avatar then...

lol good luck

I have had the same one for..I dont even know..eight years maybe!
I will probably never change it..

Scot

Hehe, I can see why. That's a pretty good avatar. :p

i changed mine to my n. gothica, its still small but it has the bests pitcher currently. it was a google image of villosa probably since i joined the forum and i thought it was about time i changed it to one of my own plants

o.o I think swords avatar is somewhere disturbing... so is seedjar's avatar LOL

o.o I think swords avatar is somewhere disturbing... so is seedjar's avatar LOL

I love seedjar's avatar. xD

Edit: Curse this 48.8KB limit!. ;~; I just spent about an hours and a half working on a .gif that's too big.

I love seedjar's avatar. xD

Edit: Curse this 48.8KB limit!. ;~; I just spent about an hours and a half working on a .gif that's too big.

try saving it as a jpeg..

often gifs are smaller than jpegs, all things being equal, if its a "simple" image or a drawing..
but at small image sizes, sometime the jpeg can be smaller than the gif!
and you can tweak the compression too, with a jpeg, to force it smaller..
(if that doesnt spoil the quality too much..)

Scot

I always feel like somebody's watchin' me, and I got no privacy, wo oh oh.

try saving it as a jpeg..

often gifs are smaller than jpegs, all things being equal, if its a "simple" image or a drawing..
but at small image sizes, sometime the jpeg can be smaller than the gif!
and you can tweak the compression too, with a jpeg, to force it smaller..
(if that doesnt spoil the quality too much..)

Scot

Making it into .jpeg just makes it a picture and doesn't change from the first frame.

Edit: By the way, this is the avatar I made (the Smart Gif Creator caption ruins it, though, lol. It cut off some of the top. :<) :
FoOS.gif

Making it into .jpeg just makes it a picture and doesn't change from the first frame.

Edit: By the way, this is the avatar I made (the Smart Gif Creator caption ruins it, though, lol. It cut off some of the top. :<) :
FoOS.gif

oh..well you didnt say you were making an animated gif! ;)

Capensis,
email me at sscotsman at yahoo dot com and I will email you back your animated gif without the "smart Gif creator" text on it..and all 18 frames working.

I just editied it, looks good! but, as you said, its too big for an avatar.. it comes out to 61k..
if you take some frames out, we can probably get it below 48k..

your current gif has 18 frames..
pick out half those..only 9 or 10 frames, and it will probably come in below 48k..

if you can see the same frames im seeing, you have 18 of them..
let me know which ones you want to remove..(or which you want to keep..either way..)
and I will make another, smaller one..

(but I wont back at this computer until 7am tomorrow morning! ;)

Scot

oh..well you didnt say you were making an animated gif! ;)

Capensis,
email me at sscotsman at yahoo dot com and I will email you back your animated gif without the "smart Gif creator" text on it..and all 18 frames working.

I just editied it, looks good! but it comes out to 61k though..
if you take some frames out, we can probably get it below 48k..

your current gif has 18 frames..
pick out half those..only 9 or 10 frames, and it will probably come in below 48k..

if you can see the same frames im seeing, you have 18 of them..
let me know which ones you want to remove..(or which you want to keep..either way..)
and I will make another, smaller one..

(I wont back at this computer until 7am tomorrow morning! ;)

Scot

I see...But I don't really want to remove any of the frames, lol.. Thanks for the offer, though. However, I'll think about it if I ever want to change my avatar.

Clue's drawn nep pictures are very cool.

Thanks! :-D This one is a copy of a print of rafflesiana that's hanging in my room wall.

You can't beat an avatar that features a great-looking home-grown plant IMO.

Back