Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope and Change! woo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it misdirection from the issue at all if that the triumphant note of the whole election is that essentially "now they can't pass healthcare reform" (even if not the package I wanted). His job is merely to stop that possibility along with anything else having to do with helping the public from getting done. I'm not rich enough to be an "independent"(Repulican), I make under 30K a year, republicans hate people like me (other than as troops and servile workers) so I don't understand what the attraction is. I don't count myself as a democrat either, all politics is BS, I only am for whoever can help the people or at least makes an attempt to help the real people - us wage slaves and poor people. Not mostly "small" business owners and other corporate friends earning in the top 1%.

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    How is it misdirection from the issue at all if that the triumphant note of the whole election is that essentially "now they can't pass healthcare reform" (even if not the package I wanted). His job is merely to stop that possibility along with anything else having to do with helping the public from getting done. I'm not rich enough to be a "independent"(Repulican), I make under 30K a year, republicans hate people like me so I don't understand what the attraction is. I don't count myself as a democrat either, I only am for whoever can help the people, the real ones - us wage slaves, not "small" business owners and other corporate friends.
    To each his own. I know there are those that still feel President Obama has much to offer... then there are those that knew they were going to be in for a rough ride, but have found things are far worse than expected. I think Scot is right. The entire agenda (not just healthcare) has been exposed and people are starting to get scared and are questioning their original decision.

This senate seat was won in a state that is typically staunchly loyal to the liberal agenda. If a Republican won here you can bet much has changed since the president first took office. It is so much deeper than "Oh, well now the health care agenda will be shot down." This represents a major political climate shift in the most unlikely of places... President Obama's own people.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is the "whole Obama agenda"? Please lay it out for me in bullet point if possible because what I am seeing is more or less "America: business as usual" No more different than the last 20 years of American politics. I am not thrilled with Obama as I really thought he would be making far more sweeping changes and I am not seeing the system change much at all but follow essentially the Bush years part 3 just a different actor playing the president now, and that sucks I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Yeah. In my opinion, Obama is going off the deep end--in the debt sector at least. We have to pay off this 12.2 trillion dollar debt or $12,2**,***,***,***,***--not incur more (which is what he's doing)

I still don't get it, but as long as the Republicans are happy, I'm happy!

We have a LOOOOOONG way to go. Vote for candidates that will pay off our debt, and stop the rising deficit IMHO. We spend over 500 billion a year on this debt, roughly 1/4 of what the government rakes in. I think this info is still accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bush spent/borrowed the most money in US history to kick off these two pointless wars and then rebuilding those countries so imagine how great this place would be if we had spent that money on America!

Minneapolis bridges falling down, falling down, my fair lady!

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDCPs View Post
    Yeah. In my opinion, Obama is going off the deep end--in the debt sector at least. We have to pay off this 12.2 trillion dollar debt or $12,2**,***,***,***,***--not incur more (which is what he's doing)

I still don't get it, but as long as the Republicans are happy, I'm happy!

We have a LOOOOOONG way to go. Vote for candidates that will pay off our debt, and stop the rising deficit IMHO. We spend over 500 billion a year on this debt, roughly 1/4 of what the government rakes in. I think this info is still accurate.
    Agreed. If I am not mistaken President Clinton balanced the budget. It can be done, but I fear between Former President Bush and now President Obama that the damage has already been done. You know something is terribly wrong when the government votes to increase the deficit cap

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Bush spent/borrowed the most money in US history to kick off these two pointless wars and then rebuilding those countries so imagine how great this place would be if we had spent that money on America!
    True, but you seemed to be so passionate about what the good book said as far as helping people. Where in the good book does it limit this help to the United States of America?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't someone have money left over ? Reagan or someone..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where in the good book does it limit this help to the United States of America?
    Ya got me there,we'll have to ask Pat Robertson for clarification as he's the real expert on the good books true meaning - I've heard him say it many many times. Pat was all for the original bombings and orchestrated coups of these countries that made rebuilding them necessary to begin with.

But like I said Obama doesn't seem to be changing from this course at all, which is highly disappointing. War isn't really "helping" anything other than to further an imperialist "nation building" (enemy creating) agenda. Britain finally tired of this game after a few hundred years so I wonder when America will.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast