Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hope and Change! woo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so swords your basically in the same boat as i have been in....in all honesty i hate it, so i am doing everything within my power to change my situation, complaining and whining for a hand out is a poor way to get ahead.....in 2008 my wife was working 80 hours a week between two jobs, i was putting 50 in here at the paper and picking up some hours here and there at the theater and installing carpet with a buddy some nights and weekends......doing all that we cleared around $50,000 combined.....granted im very much Anglo-Celtic and cant stand work cutting into my play time so i would cram 50 plus hours of work into 3 or 4 days so i could spend 4 fishing or hunting atleast one usually 2 weeks a month....

even still i was not happy with the figure so guess what? rather than sit and complain bout it, demand the federal government pick up my health insurance tab and free up funds, my wife and i completed the necessary steps to become partners in the paper rather than employees....by the end of 2012 im planning on the wife and i pulling down alot closer to the $70,000 and higher a year mark not working any harder than i have been for the last 16 years.....and we are doing this on our own, with two kids and not asking for a handout or help from anyone.....

i dont complain that i drive a 14 year old Jeep Cherokee(which my oldest girl will inherit this summer and i plan on replacing it with an even older vehicle i can work on myself)

i dont complain that up until this year my TV's have come out of pawnshops

i dont complain that when push came to shove i had no problem eating peanut butter sandwiches to get by

i dont complain that no one helped me when times were tight short of my parents watching the girls so i could work a second job

if i aint happy with my situation i dont cry foul and ask for a handout or help, i suck it up and do what needs to be done and in turn reap the rewards for my hard work.....and in return i dont like ppl taking money out of my paycheck to pay for the welfare and health care of someone that refuses to help themselves....ive been in their shoes....i drug myself out of it......you want me to pay for healthcare for adults? make them piss clean to get it.....want me to pay for welfare? make every one of them that asks for help piss clean and show they are trying to find work.......ive got no problems picking up the tab for healthcare for kids who's parents are lazy but i sure in the hell aint paying for the parents......you want my financial help? prove to me your trying......prove to me you aint using the funds on drugs.....if you can afford to get high or sit on your **** in front of a TV you dont need my money......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BigBella - every rich person in the world will go to the best hospitals in the world - Americans also fly to Sweden for surgeries and treatments. But you're right, we have terrific hospitals and doctors - I don't favor getting rid of them!

Reasearch2000 did a poll of the people who switched to Brown in the election. "A plurality of people who switched -- 48 -- or didn't vote -- 43 -- said that they opposed the Senate health care bill. But the poll dug deeper and asked people why they opposed it. Among those Brown voters, 23 percent thought it went "too far" -- but 36 percent thought it didn't go far enough and 41 percent said they weren't sure why they opposed it."

So more swing voters think the Health Care bill doesn't go far enough. Fewer think it goes too far. And that's of the people who switched votes. Poll after poll shows that Americans want a national health care insurance system. Yet neither party does. Why? Both parties get too much money from the insurance industry. They depend on it. The rest of the world does it and it works - and they do it many different ways, from public health care, to public/private hybrids, to public health care insurance only. Nobody has to go bankrupt and lose their house because they get sick. Nobody has to choose not to get treatment. And they pay thousands of dollars less every year per person. It would take a behemoth of a tax cut to have that sort of effect on your wallet. Nobody over there is clamoring to switch to our system. That should tell you something.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So more swing voters think the Health Care bill doesn't go far enough. Fewer think it goes too far. And that's of the people who switched votes. Poll after poll shows that Americans want a national health care insurance system. Yet neither party does. Why? Both parties get too much money from the insurance industry.
    One of the issues I have with polls like that -- and the associated argument that the proposed health care legislation didn't go far enough -- is that no one seems to have any handle on the specific language of the bill, its projected cost, or myriad other aspects. How can you foster an opinion of anything without legitimate information?

When Medicare was introduced, its projected cost a decade-out was several orders of magnitude less than the actual cost and unpaid debt that we face today; and it is strange to think that the only governmental program that ever came in remotely on budget was the moon landing (which we all know was shot at a soundstage in Culver City, heh, heh, heh) . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drive my 2010 Rolls down to the welfare office on Tuesdays and the free clinic on Thursdays so I don't actually have time to work from 4pm til 4am in a mailshop between asking for all these handouts...

How many $0.10 Top Ramen dinners do you think I lived on to afford those two Nep books I sent you? There's no point in us trying "out poor" each other... LOL

All I am saying is if they had a public healthcare / open enrollment for medicaid where I could pay a premium and get care I'd be all over it. I never asked for "free" care, free electricity or anything like that. Merely care I can afford that actually does something for me. Anytime an insurance company is run for profit MY welfare is not their main concern, their bottom line is. I pay a monthly premium to get the excitement of having a card but still have to pay for 90% of each office visit so I don't go. I still think there's something awry in my mouth despite what these 3 idiots have told me but I can't afford to see yet another doctor younger than me tell me there's "probably nothing" to worry about. Haven't even seen the bills from the first 3 yet. And to think I supported all those politicians for 20 years by smoking their lobbyists tobacco products... now THAT'S a tax! Don't smoke kids! LOL

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...-days-23-hours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I am tardy to the party... LOL

The deficit actually started during the Great Depression under Roosevelt and has been ballooning like interest ever since.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...idential_terms

What started it? Social programs the government did not have money to fund.

What I don't understand is how we all think this is the federal governments job to provide health insurance? I heard multiple times that the state of Massachusets already has a public health plan. Shouldn't that tell you something?

Seems to me I recall reading something way back in my HS government class, that if it isn't mentioned in the constitution, then it is the States domain. If the federal government feels it needs to take over a certain aspect of law, they can as long as 2/3 of the states ratify it in the form of a constitutional amendment. I do not recall voting as to whether we should give this power to the federal government? So wouldn't it still be within the states domain and not the federal governments?

Seems to me some officials at the State level agree with this chain of thought.

http://www.wptv.com/content/health/s...2XD4IHiyg.cspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think sick poor people actually care whether it's the state or the feds who run the health care thing? I can assure you I first hand I don't care who I get help from.

Generally this is the only kind of help I expect from the government at any level fed or state:

When they spoke about actual help for actual wage slaves, hey I'm all for that! If the republicans have a way to help why aren't they trying to do it? As I say I don't care who helps just so long as we get help! I don't get what's so hard to understand about that. I'm not going to worry about money I'll never have or the high taxes paid by people who make more in a year then my entire town makes. It's not like I'm going to suddenly have a windfall and owe all kinds of taxes, ever. I'll be lucky if my carcass gets stuffed in a box when I croak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a good question. Perhaps they feel it is not the federal governments job to help with Healthcare.

Honestly I don't know. That is why I feel a two party system is a failure. They do nothing but squabble over every single issue and nothing ever gets solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I drive my 2010 Rolls down to the welfare office on Tuesdays and the free clinic on Thursdays so I don't actually have time to work from 4pm til 4am in a mailshop between asking for all these handouts...

i know your saying this tongue in cheek but it does happen regularly.....i live in the county in this state with the highest unemployment rate but it aint for lack of jobs, got a bunch of them listed in the paper they cant fill.....not minimum wage jobs, not jobs requiring a degree.....the reason? most the natives here want to sit on their **** and live on government hand outs......they could all be millionaires but rather than doing anything they would rather argue over a handout....the tribes here own more oil than any single entity in the state but they are happier living on welfare and complaining that the feds aint giving them enough money, they sit on half a billion dollars in pure profit and would rather do nothing live in government housing, live on food stamps and a welfare check than lift a finger.....they have become professional victims incapable of doing anything for themselves.....got a neighbor on welfare, 5 kids..sits at home all day...drives a 2008 pickup......joke round here has always been that a welfare check will make a cadilac payment.....

you want me to get behind stuff, get rid of the parasites....you want a health care program, have the state do it, much better than the feds....you dont have some idiot from California screaming they need more of your tax money so the illegals get good health care too......i love the setup we got for providing health insurance for kids who's parents cant afford it.....but we run it at the state level and have to put it to a vote of the tax payers as to expand it or not.....my girls dont qualify but when it came up for vote last year i voted for it....but as i said, its funded by our state that runs a balanced budget, major changes must be approved by the taxpayers and the need for it by the individual is checked out twice a year....its difficult to abuse......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast