Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cigarettes?

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, people aren't allowed to smoke in our house unless all the windows are open (that includes us, it's our own house so it's our rule)
    That hasn't always been the case tho, and I have personally never noticed any difference plants-wise, although I don't grow anything really "picky" as plants go.

I imagine it MUST have an effect on some level, especially if there's poor circulation.
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just now thought of it, our "smoke rooms" at work are both lean-to style greenhouses with tables chairs and ashtrays and the tropical plants always did just fine in there. And they were subjected to smoke all day long 24/7/365 as people popped in and out, sometimes a dozen or more people fogging up the room. A couple years ago the state of MN said no more smoking indoors at work places, bars and restaurants which meant no more smoking in our heated greenhouses/sunroom/whatevers so I quit. I'm not gonna risk getting pneumonia standing in a snowbank smoking as I wait in line for the cancer lottery. These days the only times I really crave a cig is when I read Philip K D!ick sci-fi novels, everybody smokes in those books!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    I would think the mere act of smoking, burning the tobacco before you inhale it, would kill any viruses or bacteria..just a guess, but it seems probable.

Scot
    Well i was thinking more of all the rat poisons, and other foul and vile chemicals in the cigarettes... that stuff stays in the smoke and if the smoke gets on the plants I assume it would leave the chemical residues.. could those chemicals effect the traps? But then again, swords says from his experience, no... were those plants CPs swords? This is a more CP directed question...
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My plants at home were CPs and orchids (but in grow chambers) at work they just have the standard tropical houseplants like schefleras, dracneas, giant leaf philodendrons, ferns, monsteras, etc they proabably got at a garden center and have had for years. My uncle kept a variety of plants from ferns to houseplants to CPs (my first Nep was a ventrata cutting from him mislabeled as "alata") but as I say, he ashed in many of his! LOL

I do recall that the Norfolk Island Pine did not do well in the smoke room (turned yellow/died), though being a "pine" I would imagine it was probably too warm to live in there long term. But I'm sure the constant exposure to carbon monoxide didn't help. They always plant pines along the highways here and the car exhaust kills them within a few years so then the highways are lined with fluorescent orange pines, very psychedelic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12