Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: and the fight begins....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would you agree its much more difficult for most people to conceal a rifle or shotgun than a handgun?

little kids have been known to bring handguns from parents houses and put them in their backpack and they wind up at schools, now I know this is a rare circumstance and a product of the parents stupidity, but admit that it'd be impossible to pull off with a shotgun or rifle...

I believe illegalizing handguns entirely would save more lives than it would hinder... and therefor is a better option period.

you can defend your home with a rifle or shotgun quite adequately i believe so I'm not trying to take that away from you.. I also think your forgetting that most people in this country dont live in the most rural state in the US. if you got pulled over where I'm at with a gun in the car no matter what type you'd be questioned heavily... and I live in kansas which is more rural than most states as it is...

I still can't find a good reason for the average person to need a pistol on them in public or really at all...

the whole "not everyone plays fair" issue is really the heart of the problem for the average person... the oh no but if the bad guys have weapons then so should we!. illegalizing handguns would take time to get all of them back out of the hands that currently own them but with time... most of them could be taken out of peoples hands...

again I think it'd save more lives than it would hurt. seems like a pretty easy decision in my opinion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no it wouldnt, notice how most the shootings keep happening in "gun free zones" Columbine, Virginia Tech, Fort Hood....all places where the average person CAN NOT carry a firearm be they rifle or handgun....criminals aint that stupid, atleast most of them.....very few of the idiots walk into a gun show and open fire cause they dont like being shot back at.....criminals prefer unarmed victims.....besides a handgun on your person is better than a shotgun in the closet....rather not carry a shotgun to the front counter when i wait on customers....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha gun free zone? its legal to carry them right outside the school, its as easy as sneaking your own pop and candy into a movie theater...

if the whole country was a gun free zone it'd be different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no it wouldnt.....see unlike you i live in the real world and realize criminals dont give a rip what the law says its what makes them criminals.....everywhere that tightens down gun control sees a rise in violent crime that doesnt go away, and im not talking just cities like Chicago, im talking entire countries like Australia which took a huge leap after the crack down and Japan which has never allowed handguns by civilians but sees more and more shootings every year....when yah loosen them violent crime drops, such as what happened in Florida in the late 80's....you cant push a button and get rid off all handguns, impossible.....look at the war on drugs, heroin is illegal, only manufactured outside the US and its use is on the rise, it aint coming from inside the US....

there will always be wolves, you can either be the sheep or the sheepdog.....be a victim or you can fight back when one comes your way....i have yet to pull my gun on any two legged varmint and hope i never do but it aint that rare for me to come across the 4 legged variety where the choice is shoot the SOB or get hurt, given i dont like always packing a rifle when walking my dog inside city limits and handgun is the best choice....have had to shoot a rabid skunk, my choice was discharge a firearm inside city limits and face a ticket or risk some kid stumbling on the sick critter and getting bit and facing a real rough medical treatment......was told by the police chief thanks for doing what needed to be done, same by the neighbors.....

in the real world words on paper dont stop criminals, bullets do......you want to be a sheep, go ahead, but being a victim aint in my nature and the facts on gun control are on my side, not yours......
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey buddy I'm not attacking you. I'm merely sharing my opinion...

I understand how you feel I just feel differently. it wasn't meant to be personal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aint taking it personal.....just stating real life operates differently from what you seem to believe.....the facts of gun control favor my side of the argument, not yours....you wanna argue facts we can argue facts but arguing emotions and feelings wont get yah anywhere.....

this post is from before you became a member...unless something went haywire with your account like has happened to a few and you had to reset your account, in which case i apologize if you have seen this.....

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ht=gun+control
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe what I'm saying wouldnt work unless applied on a country wide scale, I understand you can look at... australia's whatever, or japan's whatever, or the UK's whatever to support yourself... and thats fine and dandy. I believe the USA is different...

keep in mind I'm not saying guns should be illegal. I'm saying hand guns should be illegal.

you dont think you could defend yourself or your own property with a rifle or shotgun? I think you can...

in the end your right, the vast majority of people in charge dont agree with me, but its also a heavily heated debate...and its become more and more heated and controversial as time continues right? I'm thinking as more and more of these "old ways" type people die off, and rural america becomes less and less and the new generations reach power that there will eventually be stricter gun regulations specifically on handguns...

so while I may not have the research to back up my opinion, or a majority ruling... I believe that I will within my lifetime see change on this matter... consider this my leisurely opinion on the subject and nothing of significance to those with supreme education on the matter...

" oh the times, they are a changing "

p.s. I hate these threads, I should really stop participating :\

Chris.... OUT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but your wrong, the US is not any different.....why would we be?

besides, im more likely to get shot in Chicago or DC where owning certain firearms has been illegal than i am out here in "rural America" where they are common to the point no one pays any attention to someone with one.....im statistically safer here where nearly everyone has them than in places that outlaw them.....dude, you make no sense.....
    cervid serial killer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12