What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amaryllis

• Thread starter CN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    flower
Yeah, they grow super fast once they wake up.

Mine is being weird right now. One day I came home and all the leaves were bent at a right angle. Nothing had happened to it, no one was home, no conditions changed, plant wasn't moved. A week later and some of the leaves have switched sides, and are now leaning at a right angle in the opposite direction. The leaves aren't limp, they are turgid. So strange, and doesn't look good.

Fun plants, I have several. You can almost see them growing once they start! I bottom water mine during the winter indoors. Once the last frost date passes they go out in full sun all summer.

Tommy ,
How long do the flowers last ?

2010_01230002.jpg

2010_01230011.jpg

They're beautiful flowers. Generally people keep them untill the long leaves dry and die, and throw it away. But its actually going dormant, so you can keep the bulb in a cool dry place for a few months, and then repot it, and it should flower again.

Flowers last about a week, give or take a day.

Back