What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light Bill For The last Month

• Thread starter CN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    snow

CN

BANNED
OK
I asked Tami About our light bill for last Month from the 23rd of Dec to the 23rd of January . she paid our late bill which was $114.56 if you remember we here in Kansas got our snow storm Dec 24th an we had our lows an some highs in the Teens an below zero.
So our bill from Dec 23rd to Jan 23rd was $261.91.
Not to bad at all . Our Summer bill is usauly 300+ during the summer .
The paper bill should be here this week i will snap a pic it Tami doesnt Hide it from me ......:nono:

Daren

you do realize it gets to -40 here regularly during the winter and my utilities bill aint that high.....also see 100 plus in the summer and we dont pay $300 a month in the summer even running the AC daily.....i heat with natural gas which aint cheap and am planning on a wood stove to supliment for next year......sounds to me like you need new insulation....

i have told our landlord this very same thing they tell us we are working on it

Holy crap that's a lot of money. When we lived in TX we had huge bills like that (deregulated energy for the lose!). Thankfully here the highest I've seen is $150 in the heat of August, and that nearly killed me.

ours is deregulated and arent that high.....thinking it has more to do with the construction of the house.....they dont build them in Texas like they do here.....whats good for keeping a house warm at -40 and lower works well for keeping the cold air in from the AC in summer so you dont have to run it as much.....

Unless they are tearing out the walls, they ain't working on it ;)

This place was build in the 70's

Unless they are tearing out the walls, they ain't working on it ;)

You An I Know that ...................... our lease is Up In April I hope we dont renew

just got my bill for last month, and keep in mind Christmas through New Years Eve most days had a high of -15 at most nights were -40......cost for heat and lights was $111 for a 1900 square foot house.....

Well Keep in mind I am Heating two houses Too;)

didnt realize that.....musta missed that fact....

Well The Big House an then The GreenHouse

Plus the lights on the L/L tanks in the Office

i refuse to own a greenhouse, no problems coming up with the $ to build one.....however heating it and cooling it would break me.....ive prolly got almost 2 dozen four foot T8 fixtures in the basement, they dont seem to affect the light bill all that much.....

Mine was 345 dollars, and this is with using natural gas for heating. It gets even higher in the summer because the air conditioner runs constantly and it is all electric. It was this way at the last house I lived as well.

Back