User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 10

Thread: Sharing my training secrets

  1. #1
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sharing my training secrets

    Hello all. Thought I would post this. For those of ya who love to hit the gym and have your routine, but would love to step it up a few Notches. Heres my new weekly routing I just made the other day.
    Please post your thoughts, opinions, and if you decide to try this, your results as well.

    This is my weekly Routine. Be warned. This is a very intense Routine and isn't for the faint of heart.


    Remember to rest between 1:30 and 2:00 minutes between each set of reps. Once you finish 5 sets of 20 reps of something. Take a well earned 5 minutes break. Then move to the next thing.

    Monday:

    5 sets of 20 reps on Flat Bench
    5 sets of 20 reps Decline Bench
    5 sets of 20 reps on incline bench
    5 sets of 20 reps on incline Dumb bell flies
    5 sets of 20 reps on Flat dumb bell flies
    5 sets of 20 reps on cable cross overs

    5 sets of 20 reps on single are Dumb bell curls
    5 sets of 20 reps on cable curls
    5 sets of 20 reps standing bar bell curls
    5 sets of 20 reps on Incline Dumb bell curls


    Tuesday:

    5 sets of 20 reps on Squats
    5 sets of 20 reps on Quadriceps Extensions- lift very heavy on this one
    5 sets of 20 reps on Power cleans
    5 sets of 20 reps leg curls
    5 sets of 100 reps on seated calve raises
    5 sets of 100 reps on Donkey Calve Raises.
    5 sets of 20 reps on Lunges

    Wednesday:

    5 sets of max pullups
    5 sets of 20 reps on Lat pull downs
    5 sets of 20 reps on Barbell rows
    5 sets of 20 reps on single arm Dumb bell rows


    Thursday:
    5 sets of 20 reps on Tri cep dips
    5 sets of 20 reps on Cable press downs
    5 sets of 20 reps on Lying tricep extensions
    5 sets of 20 reps on Dumb bell Kick backs
    5 sets of 20 reps on Rope cable pull downs
    5 sets of 20 reps on seated dumb bell arm curls
    5 sets of 20 reps on easy bar curls
    5 sets of 20 reps on Tri cep extensions

    Friday:

    5 sets of 20 reps on stiff leg dead lifts
    5 sets of 20 reps on Hamstring curls
    5 sets of 20 reps on Military press
    5 sets of 20 reps on standing Dumb bell flies
    5 sets of max reps on back wide grip chin ups
    5 sets of 20 reps on Lat pull downs behind the Back
    5 sets of 20 reps on Bent over Bar bell rows


    Saturday:

    5 Sets of 20 reps on Shoulder Arnold presses
    5 sets of 20 reps on front Dumb bell raises
    5 sets of 20 reps on Dumb bell Shoulder shrugs





    Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    swords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cernunnos Woods
    Posts
    8,120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Workin' on that Lou Ferrigno (70's TV Hulk) physique? You'll never fit into that purple Joker suit! LOL

    If I'd known you were into that I could have sent you the Lou Ferrigno work out book - I just sold it a month ago at half price books for like a dollar. I had it not for the work out secrets but I was sculpting a Lou Ferrigno Hulk statue back when I bought it and wanted it to be as accurate as possible. Had the book for years w/o looking at it since. Damn!

  3. #3
    "Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Helotes, Texas
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, that is pretty intense. How long have you been working out? After several years of working out with minimal results I just accepted the fact that I am built like a green bean and embraced marathon running

  4. #4
    Jayson16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canandaigua,New York
    Posts
    840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only sundays off huh? I try and take a day off just to recover and another one for cardio/abs only. Taking any supps?

  5. #5
    Taargus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Florida
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mind if I ask what your goals are? 20 is a high amount of reps, are you training for endurance, lose weight, just to stay fit? As Jayson16 said I'd be curious to see what supps you take as well! Ive spent the past 4 years working in gyms sales/management and its still interesting to me to hear about peoples goals.

  6. #6
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Workin' on that Lou Ferrigno (70's TV Hulk) physique? You'll never fit into that purple Joker suit! LOL

    If I'd known you were into that I could have sent you the Lou Ferrigno work out book - I just sold it a month ago at half price books for like a dollar. I had it not for the work out secrets but I was sculpting a Lou Ferrigno Hulk statue back when I bought it and wanted it to be as accurate as possible. Had the book for years w/o looking at it since. Damn!
    LOL, I'll have them custom fit me the Purple Joker suit. Its time the joker take on the bulk look like now a days TV characters, hahahaha.

    Now just Imagine me when I'm Angry, They wouldn't like me when I'm angry, LOL.

    Kinda like in here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx7V...eature=related

    ---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
    Man, that is pretty intense. How long have you been working out? After several years of working out with minimal results I just accepted the fact that I am built like a green bean and embraced marathon running
    I've been working out a long while now. Even since High school. I'm 23 now. I cant seem to ever get enough of it, lol. I also do running. lately my quickest mile run was 7 minutes. I'm trying to go for the 6 min mile and 3 mile in 18 mins.

    ---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson16 View Post
    Only sundays off huh? I try and take a day off just to recover and another one for cardio/abs only. Taking any supps?
    Hi There. I dont take any supplements. Its very bad for the heart, liver, kidneys, etc..... I just eat Naturally. Around 6 small to meduim meals a day. Lots of meat and Vegetables for protein, Vitamins and Minerals.

    I dont Smoke, always stay away from drugs, and I only drink socially.

    ---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Taargus View Post
    Do you mind if I ask what your goals are? 20 is a high amount of reps, are you training for endurance, lose weight, just to stay fit? As Jayson16 said I'd be curious to see what supps you take as well! Ive spent the past 4 years working in gyms sales/management and its still interesting to me to hear about peoples goals.
    My goals are to be as strong and as fit as I can be. I'm training for endurance and strength. I gotta be as fit as I can be before I go for USMC Boot camp. I'm gonna try my best to graduate with the highest honors.

    And no, no supplements. I would feel like a fake if I did that. Just a very picky healthy diet. Trust me. I just did Thursdays workout last night. Hard to move today, LOL.

    Besides, them Supplements are very expensive and are a waste of money in my opinion. Just go Natural.

  7. #7
    swords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cernunnos Woods
    Posts
    8,120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Nep101 check this out! It's 70s Canadian "Muscle Rock" band THOR!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlEGORSKXDE

    I interviewed THOR on my 23rd birthday for my magazines second issue cover story when he did a renunion CD. He was a big time weight lifter as a kid. He used to do all kinds of crazy strongman tricks during concerts like bending steel bars around his neck or in his teeth, exploding hot water bottles with his lungs, etc. If you find it funny enough search the tube for Thor the rock God or Thor the Rock Warrior all kinds of wacky clips on there from the old days, even from the Merv Griffin show! LOL

    My fave sporting events are those wild weight lifting competitions where they have to like flip over a truck or pull a train or something. I haven't seen one of those events in a long time, seems like they used to be on almost every weekend.

  8. #8
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Hey Nep101 check this out! It's 70s Canadian "Muscle Rock" band THOR!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlEGORSKXDE

    I interviewed THOR on my 23rd birthday for my magazines second issue cover story when he did a renunion CD. He was a big time weight lifter as a kid. He used to do all kinds of crazy strongman tricks during concerts like bending steel bars around his neck or in his teeth, exploding hot water bottles with his lungs, etc. If you find it funny enough search the tube for Thor the rock God or Thor the Rock Warrior all kinds of wacky clips on there from the old days, even from the Merv Griffin show! LOL

    My fave sporting events are those wild weight lifting competitions where they have to like flip over a truck or pull a train or something. I haven't see one of those events in a long time, seems like they used to be on almost every weekend.


    Haha, LOL. I never heard of THOR. I'll have to check more of his music out. You must be thinking of the worlds strongest man competitions. That one guy from poland seems to be the champ most of the time. Think his name is Mariusz Pudzianowski.
    I like watching them trying to tow a bus and a plane, LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Crate training tips?
    By Trapper7 in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 01:56 PM
  2. training them in right...........
    By rattler in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 11:51 AM
  3. Secrets to growing n. madagascariensis
    By Slurm in forum Tropical Pitcher Plants  (Nepenthes)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 08:27 AM
  4. Training yer neps!
    By Stevie D in forum Tropical Pitcher Plants  (Nepenthes)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:47 PM
  5. gardenofedon: tell us your secrets
    By dodecatheon in forum Utricularia, Aldrovanda, Genlisea
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2002, 07:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •