Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My brother poured glue all over my plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    Sell your brother and use the profits to buy a 3"-6" N.lowii
    nah....dont think he'd make enough. his brother's 20--way past his prime. nobody wants to buy a 20 year old. hahahahaha.....

but in all fairness, i do hope your brother get's the help that he needs--and im sure a quick and brutal lesson in consequences would get the ball rolling.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait so what did he achieve by doing this ?? did you get him p.o.'d before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is sad that he is 20. Sounds like something a 4 year old would do and not a 20 year old.

It is natural for brothers to fight during childhood, at least I think it is. That is what me and my two brothers did. But at 20 you would think he would have started to show some maturity. Hopefully when and if he grows up, you guys will have a good relationship.

In the meantime. I would suggest perhaps buying a lock for your door, with your parents permission of course. Perhaps offer to give them a key to seal the deal. Just to keep your brother out and give you a safe place to get away from him.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yaaa door lock sounds good omg you should get 1 of these http://www.akmelock.com/biometric/fi...k-p-16209.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    That is sad that he is 20. Sounds like something a 4 year old would do and not a 20 year old.

It is natural for brothers to fight during childhood, at least I think it is. That is what me and my two brothers did. But at 20 you would think he would have started to show some maturity. Hopefully when and if he grows up, you guys will have a good relationship.

In the meantime. I would suggest perhaps buying a lock for your door, with your parents permission of course. Perhaps offer to give them a key to seal the deal. Just to keep your brother out and give you a safe place to get away from him.

Good luck.

Well, the plants that were affected were the ones in my mini-greenhouse on the Patio, not the indoor ones.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a bit late now, but I would uproot the plants and soak them in a big bucket of warm water..
    elmers glue dissolves in water, before it sets..

although its not toxic..(I think its mostly organic?)
    (scot goes to google)

Elmer's Glue is made of all natural things, such as petroleum and natural gas. The exact materials of Elmer's Glue is not known to the public because it is a private formula.
    Elmer's Glues are chemical based. They are made or formulated from chemicals which are synthesized (created by Man). These chemicals were originally obtained or manufactured from petroleum, natural gas and other raw materials found in Nature. The exact formula and specific ingredients used in making Elmer's products are considered proprietary information, therefore, we cannot share those with you.
    No, Elmer's does not use animals or animal parts to make glue. Our products are made from synthetic materials and are not derived from processing horses, cows or any other animals.
    well..it could be worse! he could have dumped super-glue on them..
    they will probably recover..

I would re-pot though, if a lot of glue is on/in the soil.

sounds to me like its time for a 20 year old to be kicked out of the house..
    so the only life he ruins is his own..(although they never ruin only their own lives do they?..soon there would be a girlfriend probably..then kids..lots of potential lives to mess up..maybe its better he stays with mom and dad afterall!)

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A suggestion with Elmer you can soak it in warm water for a few hours and it will soften and dissolve, though you may need to use a q-tip to remove some of it. This is what we do when we reconstruct a ceramic vessel wrong and need to take it apart. The plants eating some of it doesn't surprise me as its protein based and it is probably susceptible to the enzymes produced by the plants.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfn View Post
    Well, the plants that were affected were the ones in my mini-greenhouse on the Patio, not the indoor ones.
    D'OH!

Ever consider hired goons to glue some stuff of his. Just kidding!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast