What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Well, it's sunny out so I've taken a few pics:

truncata pasian
P1310023.jpg

madagascariensis - forgot if this pitcher was already open on the plant when I got it from adnedarn or not
P1310021.jpg

red leopard working on a pitcher
P1310019.jpg

alata sending up new pitchers - I like the outline around where the pitcher is going to open and the lid is going to form
P1310015.jpg

the flower the alata has been working on the whole month
P1310011.jpg

judith hindle sending up new pitchers
P1310012.jpg

the oreo's been working on pitchers too - here's a closeup of one
P1310010.jpg

and the whole pitcher
P1310009.jpg

and a royal truncata pitcher after a misting (it's watering day today)
P1310007.jpg

...and from the front
P1310006.jpg

And while I was watering I decided to repot some pot-bound orchids (trying to break free from their pots) and pull off some basals on the neps because they were choking out the original growth points. I wrapped some damp lfs around their bottoms, and poked the plug into some regular nep potting soil (orchid mix, some lfs, some coconut husk, some more perlite...random mix). These guys have no roots yet, and I've never tried this sort of thing before, so hopefully this works. But if not, I'm not too worried.
P1300005.jpg

You take very crisp pictures. However you should pay attention to your background and the objects in your frame of view. For example, the last picture, the scissors in the lower right corner are distracting. Also in the photo of your judith hindle, the picture would be much better if you had trimmed those dead leaves in the foreground. It's nice to see blurry backgrounds, it helps reduce any distracting effects the background might have.
I like the second pitcher of your truncata seedling, the droplets of water that have collected on the wings and hairs on the lid remind me of a Drosera.

D_muscipula: Thanks! And I know about the pitchers and scissors, just can't use the hands too much today cuz I've had a case of the carpal tunnel attack in the past week...all I had the strength to do was clean up the orchids and neps a little.

OOOh thanks for the pics. Nice plants, I can't wait until my sarrs come out too.

No prob, I love seeing them come up. I think I kept buying more this winter because I missed their pitchers from last summer...wait til you guys see what I have planted up come spring!

Oh, lucky you! I am desperately waiting for spring to come and my Sarrs to wake up. I'm going to be repotting/dividing soon too!

Thanks for sharing your pics! Best of luck. :)

Thez_yo: Those Sarrs wake up fast! I think mine have another month to go before they start growing.

Nice pics. What kind of alata is that? Is it a typical?

My flavas are sending up flowers but no pitchers.

I dont notice my flava sending up pitchers/flowers, its outisde, my only flava(i will be ordering more) and the rest are in the garage cause it was 3 degrees yesterday. and my purp purp is the only unprotected one

BaylorGuy: Plain old regular alata. Thought about buying a veinless version to keep it company, but I've got no more room.

joosa & Clue: Honestly I'm a little worried that they didn't get enough of a sleep this winter, but I guess I'll see with the more northerly ones in a year or two if they're slowly going downhill. Seeing as how I just got mine all in the past 6ish months, I'm going to divide *next* year because of shipping stress and they're sending up pitchers already. I have a four-growth-point'd green leuco that's just begging to be divided up and shared :-D.

awgaupp: My flava rubricorpora is sending up a flower. I'm going to try my hand at pollination with it if anything else interesting is flowering at the same time. With rubricorpora as a mother, it *has* to turn out well. I think the only other flava I have is a Home Depot juvie :-))

The first 2 neps are ones that I have; and are that size as well !
The 3rd one looks like my Thorelli X (Truncata X Camp).. what a coincidence, [;

Back