What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baker's Yeast & Sugar = Ethano & Carbon Dioxide

Ive not studied this in many moons but as long as the air/fuel mixture is above stoichiometric then CO2 is produced and not CO... (at least in theory) But burning something until the flame goes out would definitely not meet that criteria
(Warren's example is safely isolated in a bag or box of course...but I can see the lightbulbs going off, for our younger membership... leave the exhaust pipe alone LMAO)
They do sell CO2 generators that burn propane (Lean burn with 10-20% excess oxygen) for greenhouse use, but they are generating supplemental levels, not trying to fumigate.

But CO might do just great too, Wal-Mart treats their meat with it to kill everything... just don't kill yourself in the process

CO2 good, CO badddddddd.... but in high enough levels both are deadly LOL

Av

You could always put them in a metal rash can with lid and put a lit candle or alcohol lamp. Put the cover on, the flame will consume the oxygen and so on. No light to process the CO2. Place the flame source higher than the plants.

The hobbyist called Indiana Grower also suggested that. I'm not sure how to control that set up. I was wondering if the flame goes out too soon.

A co-worker suggested ****'s Sporting Goods, in their gun shop, as one who would stock the CO2 kit. I went to ****'s, but they did not have what I was looking for. Spying a place called Bert's, along the way I went to them and they did have a CO2 kit.

Picture-5.jpg

Oddly enough, I don't have aphids at the moment, but I'm sure they will re-emerge as it warms up and trades get going again.

Back