What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nice fans

uphwiz

jimmy
Got my shipment of fans:banana2: I'm planing on using them to cool the t-5 lighting space ,great deal thanks to swords, man he really came through for me ,:-D I'll have his entire setup soon:hail:
IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

What are the dimensions of the fan?

80mm or 3", they should fit nicely for lighting canopies. :D

Anyone have photos of how they've wired multiple fans in parallel? I'm waiting on some 12V 1000mA switchable power packs so I can power 4-6 on each plug.

The fans are working great , and making about a 10 degree difference around the HO t-5 light fixture. They easily attached the the shelves upright supports. i just used some zip ties through the holes already in the fans corners. they move fairly freely up and down and are firmly attached ,thanks to the zip ties
IMG_1207.jpg
this one is lowered a little and is doubling as a circulation fan for the LL terr. by slightly opening the sliding door.
IMG_1200.jpg
The power supply was wired. each connection individually ,
and then all together for safety and appearance.
IMG_1206.jpg
This is the 2 bulb HO t-5 i put up , when i took out the 4 bulb. didnt wan't to cook my plants or my house, I'm now sure with a couple more fans set up just like these on the other end , i can put my 4 bulb HO t-5 back up and get all the air movement i need, to prevent the heating issues i was concerned about.
Ill be using Av8tors suggestion of having separate power supplies for the fans:-D , only two to three per supply, so if one stops the other will still be going, again for safety purposes .
about.:boogie::-D

Back