What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opaque plastic sheet?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source for opaque plastic sheet 1/8" - 1/4" thick that won't mind being in close proximity to heat as I don't want it bowing over time.

What I'm looking for is something to make an opaque light blocker as pet stores use to hide the works of their displays. I looked up pet shop displays but they don't sell just their parts for DIYers of course :(. And all I could find for "Opaque plastic sheet" on google was distributors in China and Thailand who want to sell a boat load. And I only need a dozen or so 48" x 12" pieces to last me a lifetime of building.

Here's an example of what I am talking about:

http://www.petstorefixtures.com/

The sliding plastic panels you see on top of each row of tanks, hiding the lights and tank access. I can use 1/4" wood of course but I'd really like to have some of that light blocking plastic.

Thanks for any leads you may be able to toss my way! :)

Got a quote going with a plastics company for the sliding panels and a cabinet maker for the bottom storage doors... we're getting there! :D

Back