What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Friends

hey tf, i know i have a few people as friends here and can find a couple on my friends list...now im trying to get them organized so i have all my forum friends in one list, if you could please send me a message here or through facebook so i can put you on the list :) it would be greatly appreciated. I just like to have my friends organized and i can't really remember everyone because now lots of people are mixed in with like 50+ other random online people. I'm Dustin Spitz on facebook if you think you have friended me before.

thanks
dustin

Im considering ditching facebook..
its really pretty pointless, and I dont like the idea that its used for data mining for personal info..

I have been thinking about just deleting my account completely..
I really dont care what my highschool friends, who I havent seen in 20 years, are doing every day. ;)

Scot

yep gotta love the play by play of how your friends are doing in Farm ville.......LAME

oh you party poopers.... ;)
let the college kids and twenty somethings have their fun. facebook was originally meant for us in the first place.

personally, i enjoy the unadulterated version. none of this add farmville, mafia/vampire/dragon/whatchamacallit war crap.

that's why you put for facebook on private settings, so only your friends can see stuff.

I use the light version (avoiding all the stupid games, apps.,etc.) but I hardly actually write anything. I really don't need to know when friends/family are going to the store, hating/loving the snow, taking a dump, etc. I understand it's more of a kid/young adult thing. I'm more of a twitterer because it's short and sweet.

Im considering ditching facebook..
its really pretty pointless, and I dont like the idea that its used for data mining for personal info..

I have been thinking about just deleting my account completely..
I really dont care what my highschool friends, who I havent seen in 20 years, are doing every day. ;)

Scot

the only info on there is what you choose to put on it......im on it just cause most my classmates from high school are scattered around the US and its handy for sharing pics with my sis on the other side of the state.......dont get the whole fit being thrown over the data mining.....they cant take info you dont put on it, think the only stuff that is manditory is your name, birthday, email and high school you graduated from anything else is up to you to put on, i left over 3/4 of the stuff blank....i dont play the games, i dont take the surveys....im on it cause ive got friends and family that like to use it.....

dont get the whole fit being thrown over the data mining

How is:
and I dont like the idea that its used for data mining for personal info..
considered "a fit being thrown"? ???

I dont get why you are throwing a fit about people not liking facebook. ;)

Scot

I find it pretty good for communication though im in highschool, i keep in contact with my group of friends and we plan to do things on the weekends through messages. (like today we planned to go iceskating and next week were going over to someone elses house) we keep in contact and i guess at least my friends use it a lot. i have started not doing as many apps i used to play them all the time but now i rarely do them unless im really bored. though im not exactly exicited about their most recent web layout.

I quit facebook 2 years ago because I'd been heavily involved in the compu-sec community and decided it wasn't worth it. Just make sure if you quit that the people you do want to keep in touch with, you have at least one means of getting in touch with them afterwards :).

You can find me listed as Scott Straus. My profile picture is me with a beard, holding my young son in my lap.

I'm in my 30s and I'm on there. I like it. jimscott has me added as a friend, so find me on his list and add me. LOL. That's the only way I can think you might can find me, because if you search my name it turns up hundreds of Kristi King's.

Facebook wasn't invented for teen's and twenty somethings. It was invented to give slackers and upper management something to do during the day to make them look busy. LOL.

BTW, anyone who is a friend o mine on here is welcome to add me as a friend on facebook. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my FB name if you don't know it already.

Facebook wasn't invented for teen's and twenty somethings. It was invented to give slackers and upper management something to do during the day to make them look busy. LOL.

This, haha.

Ha, I've been to 2 different doctor's offices here where I live where they also had another patient by the same name and they got my chart confused with theirs! Once was when I was pregnant and they looked at the chart and then looked at me really funny, and asked how I could be pregnant when I had a hysterectomy several years ago. It happened to me again last week at a different office. There must be a lot of us out there!

well i sent a few requests out be aware i dont really have a real profile pick rather im kiba from naruto haha, though i do plan to change it sometime soon. if you needed my name Dustin Spitz.
...don't worry im not annoying ill probably only talk to you if you talk to me first :p

My name on facebook is Phil Long (good luck, there are tons of us!) Profile pic is me with a red shirt after running the 08 SA marathon and my wife.

mie is Drew Gatewood my pis will be "there are some who call me... Tim

Back