What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every once in awhile I spot one of these...

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture002-8.jpg

Yeah, I get them too. Squish! Snails, no good.

I have much bigger snails here. If it was spring I would get one and post a picture.

I can't tell how big it is in your pic but the lake by my uncles house has snails some 1 - 2" in diameter! As kids we used to pluck them off the dock and step on them, when they'd pop you put your fishing hook though their little "door" with the "meat" attached. You could catch all kinds of fish.

I wouldn't do such a thing anymore though.

It was .25". I wonder if Neps will eat them.

Squish it first. Snails tend to be semi-aquatic. I find tiny ones like that in my Ping pots. Got 'em from somebody at the LACPS.

This one went down the toilet.

I have snails the size of a half dollar all over the front yard. Fortunately the temperates are in the back!

I've had those. They are an aquatic snail. They desamated a U. sandersonii pot. They created a large sink hole in the pot! Luckly I had already spread the Ultric to other pots!

The scary thing is that if you see one, there's likely more.

I'll take 'em. I have an aquarium that they would thrive in, and no CP's or sensitive plants for them to bother.

Back