What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

neighborly disputes gone wrong

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
I just got clubbed in the head by a fiberglass cast and punched numerous times for asking some punk kids next door to turn it down. They either have loud music going or are screaming at each other.
One came over and sucker clubed me with his cast. I can't call the cops because of retribution from them.
the whole left side of my head/jaw REALLY hurts.
wannabe ganstas that will mess with me if I do anything to provoke them???
I have to get out of here!
WTF

because of retribution from them? nothing a simple restraining order cant handle. and if they come near you, they get a pretty nice little jail time, infact they could probably get some nice jail time now for that, especially the cast....

sorry man, they should go to jail, press charges....otherwise they will just walk all over you

This is what I would do..

dont ever speak to them again..dont go over,
and if they come over to your house, dont open the door..

when they are playing loud music again, call the cops..
let the police deal with them..its their job..

keep a videocamera or camera handy, in case they do try to damage anything on your property..
let them see you filming them through the window..
if they do come over (whether you see it or not) call the cops again..

people cant be allowed to get away with things like that..
"doing nothing" is IMO the wrong thing to do..it wont get better if you do nothing..

actually..you should call the cops right now..report them for assualt..
the cops might not be able to do anything this time, with no real evidence,
but if you keep having the cops come over whenever the thugs deserve it, eventually they (cops) will probably have a good enough case to haul one them away to jail..or they (thugs) *might* actually wise-up and start acting like decent humans..
unlikely, but you never know..

the cops might have to visit 3 or 4 times becfore they have enough evidence to do anything, but if they (thugs) keep it up,
it will probably come to that..but you have to get the process started now..

you shouldnt have to hide in your own home..this is America..
we can do something about petty 2-bit thugs..
I would get the police involved right now..start the paper trail..
you will probably need it ..

good luck!
and keep us posted!

They live right across the street and there is a whole gang of them. 20+
The police will do nothing about this and I will get a rock through my nep window killing them all.
I wish I could call the cops but I live in a town where everything gets around and that wouldn't be good

They live right across the street and there is a whole gang of them. 20+
The police will do nothing about this and I will get a rock through my nep window killing them all.

Listen to Scotty. Don't let them walk all over you. I don't care how many of them there are, and yes you may get punched again, but at least you stuck up for yourself. If you don't stop it now, it's just gonna get worse.

If you are a minor, have your parents call the police. The police are more inclined to take action if your parents are involved. Tell your parents rationally the history of harrassment from them and why you feel this is the course of action they need to take as you do not feel this physical abuse will stop.

As long as you have visible marks on your face, the police can take them in if they believe they are the ones that caused the harm. A fiberglass cast may leave a distinct mark on your face that they can tell came from one of the thugs.

If my mental picture of these guys is anywhere near accurate, I would say that they will be going to jail or juvie especially if they give the policeman attitude.

I had to do somthing similar for my oldest son back when he was 8. There was a punk 14 year old in the addition who always picked on him ... YES 14 against an 8 year old!. I had to call the police or I would have been going to jail. The 14 year old took my sons bike and wouldn't give it back. Of course he lived with his aunt and unlce who never seemed to be home or care what he was doing. When the police showed up, he gave them attitude and next thing you know he spent the night in juvie. I did press charges and now the kid lives with his dad in somewhere away from me. It is unfortunate but good for my son who is now 12 and can play in the neighborhood w/o fear.

The kicker was that the other two kids he hung out with who also harrassed my son turned out to be children of a police officer down the street. I did not press charges against them as they were more onlookers than anything, but they no longer even so much as come down my street anymore and when they do they say "hello sir" to me and "hi mysonsname" to my son.

i agree with everything said here. time can be your enemy or your friend. act swiftly. call the authorities. act wisely--there's no need to tell them (your neighbors) your game plan. just do it --as nike says.

I know exactly how you feel. I have had alot of trouble with wanna be poser Gangsters. I live in a bad part of Tucson AZ. They think there all Bad A*&.
And the Police out here wont even look into my Cases with them.

Thats why I own these. Yes, these are my exact one's Photographed on my Bed. And yes. I have been shot at Twice and Understand that to only use these in self defense of my life, lol.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss58/Nepenthes101/A-4.jpg

It may be time you get something like one of these if you dont already own one as seeing that they already physically attacked you. People like them only get worse and more aggressive in my case.

I sure hope though that they leave you alone and that this ends up being a one time thing.

Also saw your Truncata on the Tropics Forum. Man is that an Awesome Truncata. How long you been growing it? I'm gonna get one of those now, lol. I love its coloring. Is it a Male or Female?

I'm glad my dealing & pimping neighbors are gone, their customers used to break into my old buick almost every night. You'd think after the first time or two of there not being anything in it they'd give up... no.

I picked up a taser off ebay for cheap since I'm not interested in having a real gun. I also have a full compliment of medieval arms and armor.

Too bad they use the word "punk" to indicate these *** holes. :(

Sorry to hear that Zero, but I do think you need to take action. I would certainly involve the police.

I agree! Either way you faace the chance of getting hit again. Why not take action. Trully you could even sue them and make them pay for your pain and suffering!

BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg

Go kill 'em in their sleep on Christmas... like Washington did.

Or get the police involved.

BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg

Go kill 'em in their sleep on Christmas... like Washington did.

Or get the police involved.

LOL... somehow you always manage to get hilarious pics for every occasion :)

And yes, you should definitely get the police involved Zero....it would just continue if nothing is done :/

set up paintball mines all around your house and just sit on your front step with a shotgun

I hate to say police involvement would be VERY bad here.
getting shot st, beat, etc.
thr police do nothing here

But dude, you just got the **** knocked out of you by a cast.

This is America. It doesn't matter where you are, the police will do something.

If you think you'll be threatened that badly from calling the police, go stay at a buddy's house... Or just explain to them (the police) how much of a threat you think these guys really are.

But dude, you just got the **** knocked out of you by a cast.

This is America. It doesn't matter where you are, the police will do something.

If you think you'll be threatened that badly from calling the police, go stay at a buddy's house... Or just explain to them (the police) how much of a threat you think these guys really are.

what are the police gonna do to the whole group? what happened was simple assult not a major crime, unless Zero presses charges, not much is gonna happen.....cant fathom being afraid in my own neighborhood....3 options...#1 ignore the threat, #2 deal with the treat, #3 move......prefer #2 as ignoring it shows your weak and leads to more problems and i aint moving cause of a few idiots.....

what are the police gonna do to the whole group? what happened was simple assult not a major crime, unless Zero presses charges, not much is gonna happen.....cant fathom being afraid in my own neighborhood....3 options...#1 ignore the threat, #2 deal with the treat, #3 move......prefer #2 as ignoring it shows your weak and leads to more problems and i aint moving cause of a few idiots.....

Exactly, assault. It may not be a huge crime, but it's certainly no small business.

If he presses charges and tries to get it by like it was collaborated by the whole group, they'll have an eye on the guys. They wouldn't in their right mind try anything with the police watching them.

For your option #2, how do you propose to "deal with the threat"? Trying to fix this yourself will only lead to trouble.

habe to say policce involvmmet would be VERY bad here.
getting shot st, breat, etc.
thr police do noyhing here

In Maine? Wow. What are the police overwhelmed with in Maine?

You may want to call and talk to them (police). Not to bring them out, but just talk to them person to person to see what they have to say about your situation. There are many desk jockey police as well that can answer your questions for you.

Talk to them and ask them what you should do.

Either that or contact the Guardian Angels to see what they have to say. You problem is basically what the Guardian Angels are there to solve.

Good luck man. I feel for you.

You may want to call and talk to them (police). Not to bring them out, but just talk to them person to person to see what they have to say about your situation. There are many desk jockey police as well that can answer your questions for you.

Talk to them and ask them what you should do.

+1

Back