What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small pots (2-3 inches) and tags

Where can I buy the hard plastic pots of this small size and the hard plastic tags, not the soft ones that wrap around the plant? The place that I was getting these from locally has stopped carrying them. I want the pots typically used for butterworts or sundews and not sheets of plug trays. That is what the place tried to sell me and I told them they needed to be individual pots, perferrably not the soft flimsy plastic.

Kristi

I saw all of that stuff avail. at Home Depot.

you like square or round?

I would go online, to any of the many orchid supply companies, such as www.rePotme.com. Many odds and ends that I had thought had been discontinued, were available . . .

okay, thank you.

I think I like the square better, but I'll take whatever I can find.

They don't have anything like this at my Home Depot.

I need the tags too, I need about 400 tags, not that many pots I'll keep looking

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Whew, those at the repit website are high!!

orchidnuts has an e-bay store worth checking out. both clear and solid square pots, different sizes (smallest is 2.25") worth checking out.

Talking about where to get pots and labels is fine, just not plants. :)
No worries :p
Andrew

LOL, I had discovered that ebay seller on my own before reading the post above.

I did not know that you had them, Andy, but now I do! Sorry about that!

Here's where I order my tags from,
http://www.growersupply.com/cuprla.html
they will sell blank or with your website/address/phone/etc printed free on the opposite side. I get the 1/2" x 5" Printed Tags for $39.50 per 1000. They come on a roll so just peel off what you need. I use a Brother label maker from Target to put the individual plant names on the blank side. The tape for this label maker is very good and doesn't come off/fade like Sharpie markers do.

If you want small pots and trays do yourself a favor and buy them from the same people, trays and pots made by different companies are not always interchangeable which is very frustrating! Novosel that Mark Ca suggested is a good place. You can also find pots and matching trays on ebay. I like square because you can fit more in a compact space.

I like square for that reason too. It saves space.

I have a brother printer! I like it, but the tape is so expensive! I use it for all my neps though.

thank you all for these websites, that is really helpful. I appreciate it! I got really worried when my local store stopped carrying the small pots and the tags that I was using. I use a lot of tags, but not so many pots. I basically just use the small pots for my succulents. I use 4 inch or bigger for my carnivorous plants.

Back