User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 30

Thread: Here I am

  1. #17
    swords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cernunnos Woods
    Posts
    8,120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get so big you won't fit into the new Solider Exoskeletons:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNEOI7bYl3c&feature=fvw

    Closer and Closer to having Space Marines (Warhammer 40K) in real life!

  2. #18
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Don't get so big you won't fit into the new Solider Exoskeletons:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNEOI7bYl3c&feature=fvw

    Closer and Closer to having Space Marines (Warhammer 40K) in real life!
    LOL, Those things are pretty cool. I hope I get to use one some day.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-j7n0AnIGM&NR=1 Found this vid

  3. #19
    swords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cernunnos Woods
    Posts
    8,120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that one is cool it's just not powered like the Sarcos models (Astartes Marines), so in the Warhammer 40K world that guys unpowered exoskeleton armor would be for the local Arbites (police) used in quelling riots and insurgencies. I'm such a geek!

    "I haven't tested the suit myself because it's very difficult to get someone to sign a contract to shoot me" LOL

  4. #20
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Yeah, that one is cool it's just not powered like the Sarcos models (Astartes Marines), so in the Warhammer 40K world that guys unpowered exoskeleton armor would be for the local Arbites (police) used in quelling riots and insurgencies. I'm such a geek!

    "I haven't tested the suit myself because it's very difficult to get someone to sign a contract to shoot me" LOL
    LOL, I dont blame you. With as bad as I want to be in Infantry and will be in there some day soon. I wouldn't want to volunteer to be shot for fun, hahaha.

  5. #21
    Lover of Mountains nightsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    near Salt Lake City
    Posts
    1,409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about your plants? Once the marines own you what are you going to do with them? Anyway, best of luck in the marines. Here's a preemptive 'thanks for your service'. What's your ultimate goal? Using it to help with college or just taking it a day at a time?

    One of my friends just started pilot training on the Apache for the army. Lucky sob. He didn't plan on that route, he was just at the right place at the right time!

  6. #22
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
    What about your plants? Once the marines own you what are you going to do with them? Anyway, best of luck in the marines. Here's a preemptive 'thanks for your service'. What's your ultimate goal? Using it to help with college or just taking it a day at a time?

    One of my friends just started pilot training on the Apache for the army. Lucky sob. He didn't plan on that route, he was just at the right place at the right time!
    Hi There. Thanks. Before I leave for boot camp, I am going to have a very nice greenhouse set up for all of my Plants. Both H/L and L/L. I'm going to have auto misters/ Watering systems for the Plants. Also, since I still live at home, My dad will probably be watching them till I get home and also till I have a family of my own and my Girl friend/wife can watch them for me.

  7. #23
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd add this pic of me here saying Hello. I'm the guy on the Left in the Blue


  8. #24
    Taliesin-DS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    wezep, the netherlands
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You look a lot different then in the first pic.
    my growlist: http://terraforums.com/forums/showth...306#post976306
    My pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/taliesin-ds/

    <Exo> @Talie......You are the lord of all things blah....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •