User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 15 of 15

Thread: Just some pics..

  1. #9
    mass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes101 View Post
    I think the Mystery nep from Lowes is either a Ventricosa or Ventrata
    That's what Frillion said when he gave it to me.

  2. #10
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should also be a very fast grower. Ventricosa and Ventrata tend to grow like weeds. In like a few months, you'll have to repot it.

  3. #11
    mass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes101 View Post
    It should also be a very fast grower. Ventricosa and Ventrata tend to grow like weeds. In like a few months, you'll have to repot it.
    And by that time it can be positively identified!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes101 View Post
    I think they will. They look healthy to me.
    Really? What's with the dark spots on the side of the big one?

  4. #12
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dark spots on the larger basal are probably due to stress from the shipping, but as long as the center of it stays healthy, the spotty leaf will open, growing out a new and healthy leaf.

  5. #13
    mass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes101 View Post
    The dark spots on the larger basal are probably due to stress from the shipping, but as long as the center of it stays healthy, the spotty leaf will open, growing out a new and healthy leaf.
    I'll keep an eye on it then. Along with keeping you posted with some pics as it grows up!

  6. #14
    Nepenthes101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LAND OF CONFUSION!!!!
    Posts
    967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would Definitely be awesome. I always enjoy pics of Spectabilis. And when it flowers, if its either a Male or Female, I may have something interesting in flower at the time to make some new neat Spectabilis hybrids.

  7. #15
    mass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes101 View Post
    That would Definitely be awesome. I always enjoy pics of Spectabilis. And when it flowers, if its either a Male or Female, I may have something interesting in flower at the time to make some new neat Spectabilis hybrids.
    It's the North Sumatra clone, so it's a male.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. my astrophytum myriostigma pics plus Mexico pics
    By klasac in forum Cactus and other Succulents
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 09:31 AM
  2. Lazy sunday, so here are some pics! (big pics)
    By Capslock in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 07:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •