Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling to europe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traveling to europe

So I'm going to visit wonderful europe for my honeymoon with my better half for 21 days this summer. Landing in Paris(4days), then up to the Netherlands(2), back down to Switzerland(4), Rome(3), Marseilles(2) and Barcelona(3). Sadly we won't be making a trip to the UK on this trip, but we'll come visit one day

Does anyone have any suggestions within these locations that I should 'definately go see'? I'm open to everything arts, music, clubs, food, you name it! I also plan on visitng a couple bogs in switzerland, so expect a couple pics of some euro drosera when i come back!

Thanks for any tips!
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember where, but there's a restaurant that's declared to have the best food in the world in Spain. Not sure if it's by Barcelona. When I remember, I'll be sure to tell you.

Let's see...From what I remember from my brothers telling me about their trip to Europe:

Most French people will most likely be rude to you if you speak English and will probably mistake you as Americans (as stereotypical as this may seem, it's apparently true)
    The Netherlands is beautiful.
    Switzerland has really nice people.

And that's about it since you're going to a lot of places they didn't. :P Hope this helps.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow very lucky Blokeman, Iv always wanted to backback through europe...one day. I cant help you but I hope you have a great time and cant wait for all the great photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've been to Paris---check out the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame, the Louvre, and Luxembourg gardens. they DO speak English, no matter how much they pretend not to (but since you're canadian, and you're supposed to know french that shouldnt be a biggie). a real treat would be to eat at Altitude 95 (been there--great time) which is a restaurante situated on the first base of the eiffel tower itself!

in switzerland--> dont know if you have enough time, but the swiss alps are definitely worth spending a day or two hiking. had my first shot of absinthe at the St. Bernard monastery (where the breed originates from) which is located very close to the italian boarder.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in Switzerland for a summer a couple years ago, and I'd check out Bern if you're in the area because they have a bear-pit, a really nice rose garden, and a bunch of used book stores that had some amazing stuff in it. If you're a fan of modern art in medieval settings, pop down to Gruyeres too (yes, like the cheese, because that's where it's made!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona should be alot of fun but if you know any Spanish try not to assume everyone speaks it there. Some of the Catalan speakers can be rather rude on occasion (maybe more cold than actually rude) and speaking Spanish can provoke them. It's another one of those stereotypes that actually has some truth to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! Pm'd you
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww... you're missing one of the best parts. Britain is awesome. You need to visit Kew Botanical Gardens one day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast