What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

perlite

i cant seem to find any perlite besides the miracle grow brand. I have checked lowes and home depo...nothing. Where do you all get yours from?

Check out local nurseries, not the big chains. They are more likely to carry other brands of perlite. That is where I find mine. I use Hoffman's brand which is 100% perlite. Hoffman's also has silica sand, orchid bark, charcoal, vermiculite, etc.

Some nurseries will also special order stuff for you if they don't carry it or have it on hand.

Or

As Andy said, he has some for you. :)

Check an Ace Hardware if you have one.

Home Depot etc. usually sells it without fertilizer but you have to ask for it - huge bags 1-3 cubic feet

I just received the two finest bags of perlite around from Andrews store, quick n easy.

My aunts garden center sells Hoffman Perlite in 32 qt and mattress sized bags, it's untreated. I didn't know they sold Perlite with fertilizer in it? Weird.

The only places I have purchased perlite (without fertilizer) are WalMart and HomeDepot.

WalMart carries the Schultz brand in 8qt. bags. Last time I went, I had to ask them to bring boxes down from the tall storage shelves as they had none on the stocked shelves. The boxes above were clearly labeled, though. I bought five bags at one time because they usually don't have it in.

As NotANumber mentioned, Home Depot carries very large bags of perlite too. I have had hard times finding these as the employees usually don't know where they are. The bags are rather inconspicuous as well.

Back