User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite out of town food chain?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spaghetti Warehouse & Coldstone Creamery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Bob View Post
    Skyline Chili based out of Cinccinnati, OH.
    These guys came out to a chili cook-off here in Chicago. It was some of the worst chili I've ever had. I'm not fond of Red Lobster and Joes Crab Shack either--there's little that's more repulsive than being served raw lobster. My wife likes Red Lobster which is the only reason I go back. I guess I dislike them so much because I love good Chili and seafood.

I prefer little tacorias and hole-in-the-wall restaurants. Although if there is a chain I do like, it would have to be Carl's Jr. I sure do miss their Double Western Bacon Cheese-Burger with criss-cut fries and ranch dressing.

"Dr. Zoidberg, a red lobster who won't ruin your dinner."--Richard Nixon's head.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades. But the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

My Grow List Updated Oct 22/2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like very many chains but chipotle and in-n-out burger are great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had in-n-out burger. Chipotle is my absolute favorite lunch spot that I go to at least once a week!!!

My usual: Burrito bowl, rice, black beans, chicken, tomato salsa (mild), green salsa (medium), lettuce. Occasionally I will get lime wedges to squeeze over the bowl. You have to ask for them though. It adds an extra zing to the burrito bowl.

You are lucky, you have had Chipotle around for longer than me. Wasn't Chipotle founded out of Denver? I have eaten at one of the Chipotle's in Denver before, but not the "original" one. The one I ate at looked like it was an old Pizza Hut converted into a Chipotle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in a small city in Central California (population 51,467). My favorite place to eat, out of town, is Sizzler. I always get their salad bar + a mini steak. Back when I lived in San Jose, my favorite place to eat was Super Taqueria. I loved their carne asada burritos. In my home town, there aren't that many good choices for fast food. I currently like Rally's double Rally burgers. Apparently I'm a sucker for tasty red meat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although if there is a chain I do like...
    Hey Hermes actually said he liked something! Put a star on the calendar! J/K

I think Carl's Jr used to be called Hardee's when it was around here - they have the same burgers anyway.

I love Red Lobster (crab & lobster yum!) but alas, $50 for a single meal is far too rich for me - I can eat for a week on that but I'd eat there if I had the dough to blow on just food. Sometimes one of my parents treats me to RL on my birthday and that's good enough for me.

I had Chipotle one time but it tasted/smelled like they boiled their rice in vinegar so I ate about 4 bites, tossed it and never went back.

I like Chinese buffets but they have to be hot, I hate lukewarm or cold food.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raccoon city View Post
    I live in a small city in Central California (population 51,467). My favorite place to eat, out of town, is Sizzler. I always get their salad bar + a mini steak. Back when I lived in San Jose, my favorite place to eat was Super Taqueria. I loved their carne asada burritos. In my home town, there aren't that many good choices for fast food. I currently like Rally's double Rally burgers. Apparently I'm a sucker for tasty red meat.
    you consider 51467 small!!!!!!! wow my town must be a ghost town. we have 1200 in the entire county. personally i like red lobster too but the one nearest to us is 3.5 hours away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Lobster is good for us inland folk who have no idea what seafood is. It is good, but nothing compared to what you can find on the coasts.

Red Lobster is actually owned by a large company called Darden foods. They own Red Lobster and Olive Garden and a few more I think. I used to deliver produce in college as a summer job so you pick these things up. They are truly a corporate machine, very clean and efficient. Most of thier stuff is precooked or parboiled (1/2 way cooked). Except for the seafood, which really is fresh. I always liked walking into thier coolers. They would have live rock lobsters in plastic tubs over ice in thier walk-ins just chillin out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast