What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now this show looks cool

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    bugs
Awesome! Can't wait.

It seems History channel has been hijacked by it's own version of reality TV. It's been slim pickings for me ever since.

ive been looking forward to this series since i first saw a commercial for it. I CANT WAIT!! i love the time lapse shots of the drosera.

Alex

Orchids Too! Woohoo

I can't wait either! Set it to record on HD encase I forget too. Also, its crazy to think komodo dragons use venom to hunt their prey. I'm to use to smaller things being venomous.

Got it set to record! Should be sweet.

ive been waiting too, super excited for it now!

this is going to be awesome!! Hey Plantea, I am sure you can crash at a friend's house for an hour or two... I suggest you find a way too see it! :)

Wasn't their just another show called Life?

Now there's another? thats a bit confusing, and narrated by oprah, I love these shows but Oprah as a narrator... I can imagine it now:

"The majestic humpback whale swims gracefully in the immense waters of the ocean, obersve its movements... suddenly... YOU GET A HUMPBACK WHALE, YOU GET A HUMPBACK WHALE, EVERYONE GETS HUMPBACK WHALES!!!!!!!!!"

Now there's another? thats a bit confusing, and narrated by oprah, I love these shows but Oprah as a narrator... I can imagine it now:

"The majestic humpback whale swims gracefully in the immense waters of the ocean, obersve its movements... suddenly... YOU GET A HUMPBACK WHALE, YOU GET A HUMPBACK WHALE, EVERYONE GETS HUMPBACK WHALES!!!!!!!!!"

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :-)) :lol:

Lol! That made my day. :lol:

Just got done watching the first part of it, What did you guys think? . I got very exited when they were talking about the pebble frogs on the tepuis, hopeing there would be something on heliamphoras... I guess not. The plant part wont be starting until April 18th :(

shhhhh i dont have cable :( lemme guess now is the reptile part is it?

I do remember that with that Tepui pebble bouncing frog thingy, there were some Drosera.... very, very cool

Now what kind of show doesn't tell people that VFT is from North Carolina? Everybody would assume that VFT is from Madagascar since that was the last country stated. Every other animal was clearly labeled except our plant.

I loved it... not just cps, but everything in general. The 1 inch rainforest newt bouncing because of the rain was hilarious!

i found their to be several wrong facts like the time it takes a vft to close and that multiple trigger hairs must be touched. And that several animals were mis identified, like a turkey vulture that was called a raptor during the basalisks part. Claiming it was a bird of prey and triggerd the basalisk to start springting, when really they are just scavengers. Plant part better be amazing!

Oooh... the links don't seem to work for me...but is this the Life series from BBC that is the sequel to PLanet Earth? ooh yeah! I still think the original series with the Dear Sir David Attenborough is the best version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNCaYZ9faw

It is a great series. I am waiting for the original BBC version to be released on Blu ray for region1.

Back