What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new misting system

• Thread starter uphwiz
  • Start date
I wonder if I can jerry-rig one of those on a bracket or something for my highland chamber....?

I would suggest using Velcro tapes, as I did with a previous chamber. It allowed for quick repositioning and access to service the lines, should there be (when there is) an obstruction, and for mounting misting nozzles vertically or horizontally on glass surfaces . .

Looks great Jimmy, how long and how often do you run it?

im still working that out the seconds timer gives you , every possible option, same daily ,different each day, for now its on for 20 seconds 5 times a day , and im watching for signs of stress , the video is a 65 second cycle that would be way too much i just did that to show the system working,

i amazing gooped six nylon screws to the top inside of the terrarium and used the tubing clamps , to install and hold mine in place it runs through the holes i drilled in each end (in one ,out the other) if you look close you can see the clamps next to the nozzles in the video, this was easier than using their other nozzles which you need a hole for each nozzle, so this is how i did mine.

I think the plants would do great if you just misted them in the morning and at night, and maybe in the afternoon. 5 times a day seems a bit excessive for a terrarium. :suspect:

Sorry for the late response Jimmy. As swords said a sticky is a post that basically gets put on the front page, kind like on a bulletin board. Helpful How to threads usually are the kind. Each sub-forum has it's own couple 'stickies'.
Again though, everything looks great! Definitely update us when you get everything 'tweeked' to perfection.

thanks for the pointers Exo , i was thinking i was over doing it a bit , how long each time would you think. Seconds ? Minutes ?
any one else have some misting advise

thanks for the pointers Exo , i was thinking i was over doing it a bit , how long each time would you think. Seconds ? Minutes ?
any one else have some misting advise

How about 20 seconds in the morning, noon and night (3 times)?

Have you got a temp/humidity gauge? You can time how long it takes for the humidity to drop to your cut off point and set the mister come on every 3 hours for 1 second or something like that. You might only need one misting a day in the AM if the chamber is pretty much sealed with no airflow.

I asked Marty at Mist King and he said you can hook the mister up to a humidistat instead of the seconds timer. This is the humidistat I will be using: (scroll down to prewired humidistat) I've had one of them in the past and it worked great with an ultrasonic.

Back