What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sláinte!

• Thread starter Veronis
  • Start date
Happy St. Patrick's Day all :)

If you have plans, be safe out there tonight.

Some Guinness was spilled on the barroom floor
when the pub was shut for the night.
Out of his hole crept a wee brown mouse
and stood in the pale moonlight.
He lapped up the frothy brew from the floor,
then back on his haunches he sat.
And all night long you could hear him roar,
'Bring on the !@#$%& cat!'

Here's Céad Míle Fáilte to friend and to rover from a son of the McKnight clan!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoBa9p1Bu2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoBa9p1Bu2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Av

im irish and am pissed im here and not in Butte, those boys know how to throw a St. Patricks Day party......however my wife keeps trying to claim she is Irish and i keep telling her she is "Orange Irish" which means she is a Scottish bastard dropped off in Ireland by the Britts......she doesnt seem to think my take on history is as funny as i do

My wife is of Irish descent from clan O'Brien. She takes being Irish very seriously. It's one of her favorite celebrations.

i hope you alll know st. patrick was italian.....

Murphy clan here.

Av, best limerick ever. lol And you know Enter The Haggis eh? Nice. :) I've seen them live a few times myself. Their "One Last Drink" track makes me bounce off walls.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

i hope you alll know st. patrick was italian.....

Yea true Mr. Troll, but, he did later return to Ireland where he lived out the rest of his life and is the priest responsible for bringing christianity to Ireland; he used pagan symbols to draw examples, e.g. he used the three-leaf clover to explain the idea of the holy trinity.

The point of St. Patty's day was originally a catholic holiday "thanks dude for the info" from Ireland. Not a "woot St. Patrick was Irish let's all get ******"...of course there are probably more people who think St. Patrick was Irish than know that he wasn't, though.

It's become more of a celebratory holiday and a "proud to be Irish" holiday over the last hundred years or so and my personal opinion/guess is this happened simply because it's the most widely-known Irish holiday. Either that, or maybe because St. Patrick was reputed to have his own personal brewer in Ireland..

Edit: I actually looked for proof that he was Italian, but apparently that's just a rumor started by Italians.

He was born in Britain when it was under Roman rule. He certainly wasn't Roman Italian because he was sold as a slave at a young age...so he wasn't Italian. Most who have an opinion at all believe he was Scottish, but as far as I can tell, no one knows.

Happy St. Pats Day to all you plastic paddys - it's time to go out and drink some green beer! lol

he used the three-leaf clover to explain the idea of the holy trinity.
Ah, no wonder the 4 leaf is so much better than the 3 leaf: earth (N), air (W), fire (S) and water (E)! :D

HAH, better edit a word in your post before Andrew sees it Veronis! lol

Going to see The Last Airbender when it comes out then, swords? :p

Be safe and secure while getting your fade on out there!!!!!

I hadn't heard about that movie, it seems a little silly. lol

I'm sure it will be, but it's all about elements...of course it's about using them like magic, which was a *teeny* bit outside your point, but I had to throw it out there.

Back