User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would be the best roach for my home?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't have any answers for you, but I am following this thread. I've been considering getting some small roaches for my bearded dragon. If I can breed them, that'd be swell too. I'm so tired of crickets.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    Don't have any answers for you, but I am following this thread. I've been considering getting some small roaches for my bearded dragon. If I can breed them, that'd be swell too. I'm so tired of crickets.
    some worms would also be good for your beardie
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some worms would also be good for your beardie
    Yeah he gets a fair diversity, but his staple is still crickets. And it just takes one damn cricket to die and escape my eye to foul the whole lot and start a massive die-off. Drives me up the wall. I am a fan of worms in their longevity, but I like my food to move -- I don't want him to get lazy.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he gets a fair diversity, but his staple is still crickets. And it just takes one damn cricket to die and escape my eye to foul the whole lot and start a massive die-off. Drives me up the wall. I am a fan of worms in their longevity, but I like my food to move -- I don't want him to get lazy.
    Ever heard of this one ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Uv7UTKv8c very nice isnt it? can be an addition to your lizard experience
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roaches are supposed to live a very long time compared to crickets, that would be good if they last a good long while and really don't stink. The herp shop wants anywhere from $0.50 to $3 each for hissers at that rate my pets would be eating higher priced meals than me sometimes! lol

I've been You Tubin it up tonight searching "roach colony" videos, seems the dubias are the #1 feeders but they all seem to be kept about the same. High protein dry cat food or dog biscuits, water crystals and fruits/veggies high temps 90*F+ for breeding activity and vertical cardboard eggcrate for housing. I got my colony box built today, now I'm waiting on my eggcrates and water crystals and of course, the box full of nightmares!

If you need water crystals for roaches, crickets, etc get the dry crystals and add your own water, way cheaper don't buy a teaspoon of crystals and quart of water from petsmart for $10 buy a 2 lb bag of dry crystals and have enough for god knows how long: http://www.watersorb.com/prices.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 bucks a pop damn they getting catered some fillet roaches plus I agree with mass the big ones may be kinda big even for big ts. you are planning on sprinkling them with some vitamin powder before u feed them do you?
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up, swords! I normally give my crickets some veggies, and that keeps 'em pretty good in terms of water. I don't think I'll invest in roaches until after I figure out my living situation for the next year (or even the summer) first.

you are planning on sprinkling them with some vitamin powder before u feed them do you?
    I know that this wasn't a question for me, but on a related note: My beardie LOVES both the calcium powder and multivitamin power. If I'd let him, he'd eat it straight out of the container (don't worry, I don't/wont).
    ¯\(º_o)/¯ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up, swords! I normally give my crickets some veggies, and that keeps 'em pretty good in terms of water. I don't think I'll invest in roaches until after I figure out my living situation for the next year (or even the summer) first.

I know that this wasn't a question for me, but on a related note: My beardie LOVES both the calcium powder and multivitamin power. If I'd let him, he'd eat it straight out of the container (don't worry, I don't/wont).
    U can also try "minerall" the best in the market, as many herpers recommend
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast