Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans desperate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Obviously you haven't done the slightest research at all on the subject. I don't know where you get the idea the reform bills will dictate your choice of doctors. Look at Medicare, that's a government run health insurance plan. How many doctors and hospitals do you know that don't take Medicare patients. Do you have a "private" insurance plan? Go to that companies website and look up what doctors, clinics and hospitals that accept your insurance plan. If you have an HMO plan your choices are even more limited. Sure you can go "out of network" and choose a doctor or hospital that doesn't take your plan. You pay more out of pocket and the expenses may not count towards your deductible

How's that for "liberty to choose" to spend more while your insurance company continues to pocket your premium.

How many choices do you have now if you have a pre-existing condition, no job and no insurance? County Hospitals? The emergancy room? Try picking your doctors there.

And yet there is the clamor "for the same health plan that the Senate has". Which by the way is a government run insurance plan available to all federal employees including the military and their families. But government run health care is a bad thing. Yet people want it.

How bad is it when seniors will find their prescription drug costs are cut in half, when unemployed people, people between the ages of 18-25 or 50-64 with or without pre-existing conditions can get affordable insurance?

Besides the "single payer" government health plans were out of the bills almost from the beginning. Doh!

The all time low has to be the other day when one of the Representatives from Georgia likens the "health care bill fight" to "The Great War of Yankee Aggression".
    and i do take your word for it that your right (i need to read more) but on the other hand reform bills MAY just be a beginning of a bigger agenda, "lets get this passed so we can ban small arms", then once out of the way, " now its passed and lets go after the right to own guns period " so as u see 1 may get the idea that it can be some stepping stone for the gov to control our liberties with the doctor issue. and yeah gov run health care is a bad thing but so many want maybe due to some mind program that "the gov will take care of us, they know best, follow little sheeps!" something like an ancient village scene where eral info suppressed and so on so the masses say "i bow"
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i tried to explain this corruption here on TF before, but anyways yes the Federal Reserve system is indeed crippling the nation, why let a private (not government) owned system lend money to the US gov only to be payed back by the US gov at interest!! wowohoowhooo yeah sometin mischievous there indeed. The money supply is supposed to be in the full control of the free peoples and their representatives, eh now now who ever controls the money supply controls everything, it doen't mean just cuz u are the president elect or king on the throne u automatically control the empire, NO it the one who holds money econnomics who TRUELY DOES. And in the case of America the 1 that holds it is a "private" owned banking system its a nightmare
    The term is oligarchy. Most people probably don't know our money is not controlled by goverment. They certainly don't teach it at school (at least I wasn't taughtthat). They teach that the Treasury controls the money and economic policy. Not true. They just print the money at the order of the Federal Reserve Bank.

I know this is starting to get off topic but I personally feel it is related because alot of the issues we see today arise from the fact that America is poor as a nation and getting poorer by the minute. Most of the wealth resides in the hands of the few. This is the exact definition of oligarcy.

Think about it. Years ago, one spouse could work and provide a good means for thier family in a middle class environment. Nowadays, it is almost unheard of for only one spouse to work unless they have a really good job. And even with two workers in a family it is often not enough to reach a middle class income.

Why is this? I believe it is because the value is gradually being sucked out of the dollar. We have to work harder and harder to maintain our standard of living. This is directly realated to the Fed and the goverment lending and spending money they don't have. Which in turn causes inflation/deflation.

I ran across this somewhere. I have to admit alot of it is probably half-baked "conspiracy theory" stuff. But there are alot of truths contained within.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

But again this is starting to get off topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the record all federal employees dont have the same health care.....the health care that my senator receives is a hell of alot better than what my buddy receives as military......Baucus gets to choose his doctors, my buddy has to go to the doctors he is told to......i say take away the health insurance that the senators and representatives get.....let them buy their own like the rest of us........

the biggest complaint the average person has is the disconnect between DC and the rest of us.....Montana has a balanced budget, is required to run on a balanced budget....Montana residents are looking at California paying debts with IOU's this last year and we are thinking we are gonna have to pay them out of our damn taxes.....we look at this health care plan they are trying to push through predicting close to a trillion dollar cost over 10 years.....we are gonna have to pay for that......

Montana insures most of the children in the state who's parents cant afford it......we provide health insurance to pregnant women who cant afford it....and yet we run a blanced budget......DC needs to cut its damn spending before dragging the rest of us down with their spending with out making cuts.......Obama has yet to make any serious cuts in spending.....Bush made no real cuts in spending and neither did Clinton....we need to cut spending BEFORE spending another trillion dollars and anyone that cant see that is to stupid to have a checkbook..........

i am not a republican......i disagree with bout half what they say.......i disagree with bout half what the democrats say.....the minute i see one group pointing at the other i decide they are both idiots and walk away from the discussion.....

im a constitutionalists.....i dont like to be messed with.....leave me alone and i dont believe anyone owes me anything but a shot which i got by being born in this country....life aint fair, someone is always gonna be on the bottom....no amount of money in the world will change that.....while i aint on the bottom now, i have been there....and i know it aint fun but the only reason i got out of it was cause of my mentality that i was not going to accept it, ive never filed for unemployment, never asked for help from anyone......

figure its on me to make it or break it.....no one else, aint up to Capslock to pay taxes and me to take them to get food on my plate.....biggest difference i see between now and the stories from my grandfather who grew up in the great depression.....my grandfather didnt think he was above a damn thing when it came to getting money to put food in his families bellies.....he traveled 1000 miles to go pick fruit, he broke horses, he herded sheep in weather so cold he had to stuff newspaper down his pants to keep his boys from freezing......i sit here looking at the job openings within 100 miles of me, some that pay damn well and no one is willing to uproot and move to the area and go to work....no one is willing to leave home and try for something better somewhere else......they would rather sit on their rears, collect a gov't check and wait.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    The term is oligarchy. Most people probably don't know our money is not controlled by goverment. They certainly don't teach it at school (at least I wasn't taughtthat). They teach that the Treasury controls the money and economic policy. Not true. They just print the money at the order of the Federal Reserve Bank.

I know this is starting to get off topic but I personally feel it is related because alot of the issues we see today arise from the fact that America is poor as a nation and getting poorer by the minute. Most of the wealth resides in the hands of the few. This is the exact definition of oligarcy.

Think about it. Years ago, one spouse could work and provide a good means for thier family in a middle class environment. Nowadays, it is almost unheard of for only one spouse to work unless they have a really good job. And even with two workers in a family it is often not enough to reach a middle class income.

Why is this? I believe it is because the value is gradually being sucked out of the dollar. We have to work harder and harder to maintain our standard of living. This is directly realated to the Fed and the goverment lending and spending money they don't have. Which in turn causes inflation/deflation.

I ran across this somewhere. I have to admit alot of it is probably half-baked "conspiracy theory" stuff. But there are alot of truths contained within.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

But again this is starting to get off topic.
    ah you and I understand such horrific concepts when u mention that our nation's money control reside in the hands of few may i suggest the Rockafellers perhaps to name 1 out of some? No wonder JP morgan and Rocka are so rich! what more can be more profitable than to lend money to a WHOLE nation then earn interest on it ! to be honest and fair a lot of so called conspiracy stuff can be edited for truth. But then again how can it still be considered conspiracy when SO MUCH PROOF is seen with the 2 eyes it's not even conspiracy anymore but eh truth maybe. did u know all this private banking lend to nation stuff started in the time of the 1rst assassinated president, i think it was Lincoln
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Have you ever actually worked within a part of the government?

I currently have a very good health care plan covered by the government, for privacy issues you will have to use your imagination, its not medicare or anything like that.
    Oh snap! A government worker. Disregard everything I just said. All Hail Obama!

LOL. Just Kidding RSS.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1 View Post
    ah you and I understand such horrific concepts when u mention that our nation's money control reside in the hands of few may i suggest the Rockafellers perhaps to name 1 out of some? No wonder JP morgan and Rocka are so rich! what more can be more profitable than to lend money to a WHOLE nation then earn interest on it ! to be honest and fair a lot of so called conspiracy stuff can be edited for truth. But then again how can it still be considered conspiracy when SO MUCH PROOF is seen with the 2 eyes it's not even conspiracy anymore but eh truth maybe. did u know all this private banking lend to nation stuff started in the time of the 1rst assassinated president, i think it was Lincoln
    Not sure I believe the whole Lincoln thing but he was against a central bank system.

Honestly I am not sure why I always make my fellow CPers suffer through my rants. I usually only frequent CP forums so I guess this is my only avenue to debate such topics.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    Oh snap! A government worker. Disregard everything I just said. All Hail Obama!

LOL. Just Kidding RSS.
    Until you have seen the waste you just would not believe it...Why are we paying $100 for 50 washers (screw washers) when I only need 1? I can't just order 1....your kidding right? No your not....(I was told to throw the other 49 in the trash, since we can not have extra parts/pieces around)

I need a new X and it only costs $25, sorry we don't have the money for that. Do you need new furniture, or a TV or some new carpet? No I need X. Sorry there is no money for that...fine I really could use a new computer this one is 5 years old. Sorry no money for that. Can't you just take some of the furniture money we don't need and buy me X or a computer. Nope congress will not allow that...

We recently spent $50K on something that no one knows how to use or what we would use it for if we knew how to use it.

I could list tens of thousands of examples of waste I've personally seen over the years, easily adding up to 100s of millions of dollars. Every time I've tried to stop it there just is too much red tape or a contract we can't break for some stupid reason no one understands.

Yes please give me government health care . Oh wait I already have it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well for one thing it isn't going to be government healthcare at all. YOU will buy your own insurance from a FOR PROFIT provider or be fined for not doing so. The europeans and candians still think our "improved" healthcare will still be totally retarded sorry, "mentally challenged". It's universal coverage, or else. I want a european style healthcare system i.e. medicare buy in rate for everyone but not the way they've planned this, thanks in large part to that insurance money fattened guy from Montana who came up with the idea you HAVE to have coverage or you get fined. I still believe you'll go to jail for not paying the $1000 fine even though they say you won't, we'll just see...

Leave it to American politicians (from both sides) to screw up a good idea.

As far as the republicans being desperate they're always acting desperate, it's easy to be a fear monger and get people all riled up. Especially on Fox's "fair and balanced" conspiracy news channel. All these liberty infringements they are suddenly so worried about came about on Little George's watch fully out in the open announced on TV. Announced on their own channel and at the time they trumpeted them as being "necessary for protecting us", calling people like me who were against the Patriot Act at the time "commies" or whatever the fashionable name is now. Obama's too big of a sissy to rescind any of it, so now Fox turns the tables and say "see he's infringing on you" even though it's been going on for 8 years now. Where were all their complaints of infringement for all those years? Why is it all of a sudden a chinese firedrill now that there's a democrat in office when the system hasn't changed by any measurable amount since Bush's people set it all up while Fox News (and the dems) went right along with it.

Rush Limbaugh said he would be moving if they pass this (useless) healthcare reform. The only place outside America without evil "socialized medicine" would be Hati or somewhere else in the 3rd world and we all know how he likes "those" people... LOL

And to leave on a happy note Thursday's The Daily Show was the best in many years. If you get a kick out of watching Glenn Beck and his "the sky falling" show on fox you will giggle yourself silly with this:
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...010-gary-locke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little off topic but RSS do you work in the purchasing department of a government?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast