Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans desperate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks in large part to that insurance money fattened guy from Montana who came up with the idea you HAVE to have coverage or you get fined.
    for the record, ive never voted for the SOB......also for the record your are being WAAAAY to nice about him.....to say he is a full blown alcoholic that is usually drunk at work would still be being nice......the only reason he keeps getting re-elected is the fact he has alot of seniority in DC and does just enough for MT that the decision amoungst the voters is "do we reelect a $%#*ing drunk that occasionally can get crap done, or do we elect a new guy that has to crawl, gouge and scream from the bottom of the heap?"

unfortunatly for the American ppl DC is a "good ol' boys club" reguardless of party and unless you sell your soul you can almost never get anything done.....have seen several times where real good guys are sent to DC intent on making change only to discover if they dont start selling their vote for this or that that they can not get any traction for anything good they want to do.....most get disgusted and dont run for a second term, the rest sell their souls and become part of the problem......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have insurance? Then you should be for the mandate. Because you've been paying the emergency room fees for these freeloaders your whole life. Finally, they will pay their fair share, and your premium will cost less to the insurers as a result. Everyone needs health care. EVERYONE is subject to astronomical bills for unexpected ills. When someone "opts out" of insurance, they are not opting out of care, they are just choosing to have you pay for it.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson16 View Post
    A little off topic but RSS do you work in the purchasing department of a government?
    Nope, once you hit any level of management you end up dealing with the money mess in one form or another .

It really doesn't matter what we think, both sides have made that quite clear by now. If you still believe you will be able to keep your own doctor and stay privately insured within 5-10 of this passing, I can not help you at all.

When has any government gave up power/control of anything without the people under it making them. We now have 2 year unemployment benefits in some area's/circumstances, when that program started you know they would have been laughed out of office for making a bill with that in there. The health care bill is just another step on a very dangerous ladder. Every 2-4 years we will go up another rung until when, the rich run out of money?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and your premium will cost less to the insurers as a result.
    This is the part I disagree with as far as the mandate goes, I believe it will increase because the government is giving the insurers the green light to take up to 8% of my already meager income for premiums. I maybe pay 1% of my income on my premiums now so I will be bent over the proverbial barrel if they are allowed to take that much.

"I lost my house cos I had to pay the insurance premiums but at least the guys at blue cross can live in their mansions with three pools. I like this box behind the liquor store. My insurance paperwork makes a dandy blanket."

I just don't agree with the mandate at all.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    Do you have insurance? Then you should be for the mandate. Because you've been paying the emergency room fees for these freeloaders your whole life. Finally, they will pay their fair share, and your premium will cost less to the insurers as a result. Everyone needs health care. EVERYONE is subject to astronomical bills for unexpected ills. When someone "opts out" of insurance, they are not opting out of care, they are just choosing to have you pay for it.
    Everyone needs what level of health care? I know the care I've been receiving is much higher than I actually require to stay healthy. I have had a TON of tests done to rule out possible problems. So will everyone get all those tests also or are you just talking about ER care, we have that already. Or preventive care, where is the line and who will decide? Well congress will and thats the problem.

The "freeloaders" will not end up paying for any of this. Just wait a few years and they will exempt the lower income brackets because they can't pay for it. Or offer tax credits or some such nonsence to protect the people they wish to protect. Remember this stuff doesn't even start for a few years, plenty of time to add stuff on, even if the Dems lose power they will be able to add stuff to the bills to get enough through.

Its easy to say everyone should have care, and last I checked no one was stopping you and me from paying for there care, just pull out your checkbook and head to one of a thousand charities. We don't need the government to MAKE me pay for it or I end up in jail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post

insurance costs go up in such a situation, not down....example once again is Canada.....when everyone isnt paying much to get in and see a doc they go in for every lil thing....the system is taxed.....you have to start saying who gets to go to the doc for what or there is no way to pay for it all.....which is why individuals in the US that are paying for their own insurance tend to sit at home and deal with the minor crap, which they should, and only go see the doc for the major stuff.....cause it costs them......they think before spending money......health insurance for the masses is affordable but most aint interested in it, run a high deductible insurance and combine it with a health savings account.....health care costs on the individual drops dramatically cause they think before going in.....but if something happens they are still covered and wont go into bankruptcy......

and before you start screaming, for the case of pre tax health savings accounts the feds feel a $2500 yearly family deductible is "high deductible" .....guess why i know this? guess what i am running?

good health care aint cheap, never will be.....a new MRI scanner runs around $2-$5 million......it costs $1000 plus per person to run the damn thing or the hospital goes broke and cant treat anyone......aint no way to bring that cost down......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in favor of health reform, but not the way the bill is written now. Taking 500b from medicare to help fund this is a travesty. That alone should keep it from passing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Indiana Gardener View Post
    No argument there. I for one am tired of paying for everyone who unlike myself is not young and healthy. I just don't want to trade that in for being held hostage by a government that can pass any law it sees fit by bypassing whatever necessary legal processes it sees fit.
    Would you just let the old and sick die then? We are beyond this selfishness as a country.
    Pardon me, but if I had enough money to meet my own bills every month or even have such a luxury as being able to afford my own computer, I wouldn't be so "selfish". Ever stop to think that "selfishness" may not be my issue here!? Better know a thing or two about someone's circumstances before you go pasting labels on people. Making hasty judgments on one's character tends to tick people off.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast