Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Republicans desperate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you look at the tax rates and combine them with the provincial rates your getting close to 50% for those making under $250,000 a year........

where is the money saved.....every year this country is running farther and farther into the red.....kinda like Clintons BS surplus....you cant have a surplus if your in debt.........

the reason you think this is funded is the part that is unconstitutional as hell.....you cant force someone to buy a product or fine them......its BS to fine ppl that choose not to have insurance....they are looking at increasing the IRS by 16,500 ppl to enforce this, where are their salaries going to come from?.....

ive got no problem with healthcare reform if you run a balanced budget, i vote to increase my taxes every time it comes up to a vote for the system we have in Montana......the way the federal government is going about this is the biggest load of BS ive seen in a long time....37 states are getting in line to sue over this damn legislation, if the majority of the public really wanted the BS they are shoveling you wouldnt have close to 37 states pissed off........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the mandate that you think is unconstitutional? I understand why it's controversial, but the fact is that health insurance is necessary. Mandating it is a lot like saying everyone contributes to roads whether they want to or not. We refuse as a society to let someone die at the hospital door. Those people get treatment, and you and I pay for it. Everyone who has insurance pays for it. As it stands, it's really just irresponsible in the extreme to not have health insurance. Nobody knows when they will be hit by a bus or get liver cancer, and we've already decided we're treating them. This is, incidentally, why I don't think there should be private insurance at all, and that we should have a tax-funded universal system of coverage (not care!). This would result in vast savings due to the administrative efficiency of that system, and everyone would be automatically covered.

In any case, here is the meat of the plan - ten clear changes in the bill. I'm not sure which of them the opponents would have us repeal:

* Prohibit pre-existing condition exclusions for children in all new plans;

* Provide immediate access to insurance for uninsured Americans who are uninsured because of a pre-existing condition through a temporary high-risk pool;

* Prohibit dropping people from coverage when they get sick in all individual plans;

* Lower seniors' prescription drug prices by beginning to close the donut hole;

* Offer tax credits to small businesses to purchase coverage;

* Eliminate lifetime limits and restrictive annual limits on benefits in all plans;

* Require plans to cover an enrollee's dependent children until age 26;

* Require new plans to cover preventive services and immunizations without cost-sharing;

* Ensure consumers have access to an effective internal and external appeals process to appeal new insurance plan decisions;

* Require premium rebates to enrollees from insurers with high administrative expenditures and require public disclosure of the percent of premiums applied to overhead costs.

And remember, the unbiased CBO says this LOWERS the deficit, it doesn't add to it.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80% of ppl spend less than $10,000 per year on health related expenses.....say again why it is necessary?
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    80% of ppl spend less than $10,000 per year on health related expenses.....say again why it is necessary?
    you implying the 20% don't matter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's necessary because there's no way for the rest of us to opt out of having to pay for it for the millions of people who "don't think it's necessary."

Nobody knows that they are not in that 20%. And 20% of the 40million uninsured people is 8 million uninsured people whose expenses will vastly exceed $10,000. And virtually none of those people has the ability to pay for expensive medical care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BS, i fall in that 20%............yet im figuring out how to get by.....not that hard, get a high deductible insurance and open a medical savings account.....the problem is alot of those that say they cant afford it also insist on having the flat screen TV's and the Xboxes....

besides ive never said i wasnt against helping ppl out that need it, im just saying do it on the state level......Montana has insured most the kids who parents couldnt afford it.....Montana has insured most the pregnant mothers that cant afford it.....hell my girls havent been able to get that insurance since Darla and i got married but i still voted for an increase to it when asked at the last election....

if you want this in California, do it as a state......oh wait, yah cant cause you cant elect ppl willing to run a balanced budget and had to pay with IOU's last year.....why should i have to pay to insure ppl in Cali? im more than happy to do so here at home but there is no reason i should have to foot the bill for ppl in your state........

given every major poll in the last month has stated the majority of American ppl apposed this screwed up version of health care reform and DC did it anyway means we should string up the bunch that voted 'yay' for treason as they are not representing the people......the democrats pushed through the vote this weekend because they did not want members of congress going home and facing the ppl they represent.....they wanted to push it through with out the input of the ppl.....that in itself is complete and total BS....
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you get by because you have insurance. Part of your bill, even with that high deductible, is going to pay for those who decide that they can predict the future and that they will stay healthy. I'm surprised that someone as self-sufficient as you, and who has the least patience with freeloaders, is willing to let them freeload and add to your insurance bill. All the new plan does is say that you have a fee, $750, much smaller than what insurance costs, if you opt out of getting insurance, which goes to offset what we all have been saddled with. I really don't have a problem with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is because congress doesn't work for the people. We are not the ones who line thier pockets. There is no other way to explain it. The majority of the people were oppossed to the bill just as they were a banking bailout and the goverment did it anyway. This is high treason if you ask me.

Don't believe me, just look at the stock market today. Healthcare stocks shot up on the news. This is because they know that now those who cannot pay are gonna have Uncle Sam foot the bill. Do you think prices will come down as a result. Heck no. If they do it won't be by much. Just enough for Barrack Huessein Obama to say... "Isn't this truly the people's paradise I have created for you? Life is good... Life is good." But all the while thier profits have went up by leaps and bounds.

If you wanted reform why not just address the high costs? I see regulation in other markets, cable, phone, etc. Why not determine what is a fair price to charge and regulate it. That is remotely within the power of the feds because it deals with interstate commerce. Outright paying for uninsured is not. Not by a long shot.

What iirked me was that everytime nitty gritty details came up, dems on the floor would give some sob story about Jim and Paula or Steve and Wendy needing double kidney transplants. We get it, there are tough situations out there. Congress is not oprah, get down to the details. That is your job. If you can't discuss them on CSPAN and have to discuss them behind closed doors, then something is drastically wrong here. Wasn't transparency one of the changes we were supposed to believe in?

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    It's the mandate that you think is unconstitutional? I understand why it's controversial, but the fact is that health insurance is necessary. Mandating it is a lot like saying everyone contributes to roads whether they want to or not.
    That happens to be constitutional because it is in the constitution that the federal goverment is to provide roads in order to deliver post. To provide the roads, they must collect the taxes for it.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast