What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Central CP Meeting 2010

Well FreNcH3z if there are no objections I'll host. Can you use more ICONS there Paul ?? Just outside of Kankakee if it's cool with you guys.

No objections from me! If you do end up hosting please let us know what we can bring food and drink wise to help out.

Paul: You don't want to come down over here this year. I'm all the way in Louisville and you'd have to wear a bullet proof vest XD
next year I'll have an acre or so in the back yard and I"ll be in Muncie IN, I'm sure I can talk the fiancee into letting me host. My collection isn't as extensive as Nathan's though! Mostly Sarrs, but it could make for a great fall or mid-summer meeting!!

I haven't been to Kankakee in decades.
I used to date a girl there... best not to tell the wife about that I suppose.
Deb is scheduled to work the weekend of the 23rd, but I think she will be able to trade with somebody.
Les

Sounds good Les, you won't have to wear a bulletproof vest either. (As long as you make the right turn !)

AWW... Won't be able to make those either.. Hate being in the Army sometimes... actually a lot of times... :)
Well, enjoy it guys! I'll still be in Iraq! :( Hope there are pictures! :D

B.Adam,
You seem to have your plate full already.
(Saw your other post.)
Not to worry, I am sure we will be having another get together...
sometimes there is one in the fall.

Are you coming back into town for "a good while" or are you shipping out again?
If you have to run "out" again, perhaps Just post after you get back
and see who has interest or time then.

If we make it to this one, my wife & I will be sure to take some pics & post them.
Sorry to hear you can't make it, but do hope to have a chance to meet you in the future.

Paul

I'll be coming back to the States for "good" (possible redeployment to the Middle East in 2012) around July Aug and may or may not take a month off..at least 2 weeks I know for sure!
Yes, plate is full but remembering the things I love seems to make it..bearable. Would be nice to meet some of you guys!

Be safe.
We appreciaste your service.

I just PM'ed droseraguy and we've come to the conclusion that he will host a spring session and I'll work on planning a fall meeting. That way we can help bridge people in the north and south of Illinois. 8)

If anyone would like to car pool I'd be up for driving down to his location. (I'm in DeKalb, IL)

Sounds like phill should be able to come this time (forum id peat).
Nathan, you should see if anyone coming from northern illinois could swing by your place to pick you up.

So I heard the 23rd at Kankakee? This may work out pretty well for me. I found out last week that I will be in Highland, IN on the 21-22 for a BB tournament for my freakishly tall and athletic son. Highland is in Northern Indiana so I may just be able to swing by on our way home.

If not, I am going to try to drive to Pinhook Bog to look at purps and drosera.

You right dashman, I'll get a map together in a little while and get it to whoever is coming along with some info on what we might be doing. That's great if Phil could make it too. One thought I had was to get a batch of culture media ready and see if we can get some tissue culture stuff to take off, so be thinking of something you guys might want to start. Seed, leaves, flower stalks we can try em all.

I can bring some VFT cultures that need cutting up as well.

sounds good to me! I'll try to bring some pre-sterilized sundew seeds if I can collect some fresh ones soon...

I would be very interested in learning more about CP tissue culturing.

Late to the game...I'd love to meet up but a 4.5 hr drive is a bit steep with my schedule, especially when I don't know that far in advance how things will be going in lab so pretty sure I will be skipping this. But please don't ignore me completely for future notification in case a meeting would ever migrate more northerly, say to Indiana or even better MI. I could swing a 2.5 hr drive and maybe see family too if it was any closer to the MI/ IN border. It would be fun to learn tissue culture involving plants for a change..

Hey all,
The date is drawing near! :welcome:
I have spoken with our Spring 2010 host, Chris (droseraguy) and he gave me some info to play with,
so I created a little "Billboard" for everyone to see, giving notice to the upcoming event,
and to get you motivated to attend!

MEETINGPoster1.jpg

If you have any questions or if you plan to attend, please remember to talk to Chris via PM (droseraguy) or his email address as shown.
I think it would help him out to know ahead of time, who is actually planning on coming, so speak out and let him know!

:boogie::banana2::wave:] Hope to see you all there! :beer: :-P-::usa2:

Paul

Bump?

Is that what I heard in the middle of the night? YOU Chris!?

I thought it was a big hairy monster going bump in the night.... and it was! :-))

Well, the wife and I are still on...in .... uh, planning on coming!

Hey, you didn't tell everyone that each person that came was gonna get their choice of a free Heliamphora or a free N. Hamata... did you?
Oh shoot, that's right, I forgot, that was gonna be a surprise! Sorry.
Now that its not a surprise any longer, you might as well just forget it!

Oh well....

By the way, all you who don't have a car and such... get your folks or brother/sister to drive you. They are more than welcome, and won't be bored at all. (I hear Chris has a lot of yard work that needs doing!)

Ps: Bumped again! :-D Oh yea! Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
I am going to try my darndest to come. My son's BB tournament is no longer taking place, well it is but they aren't going to attend since they already qualified for nationals... whatever that means. So I am free as of this moment.

I am on call that weekend, but I have a mobile office so as long as the sky doesn't fall I should be able to attend.

Sorry I can't give anything firmer than that.

Back