What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Central CP Meeting 2010

Sounds good to me dashman. Now about Paul letting that one out of the bag.... surprise canceled. Maybe I can raffle off that N. edwardsiana I picked up on ebay a few days ago. Now that would be special !! I know you've been watching that one !!!

Anyone want a bunch of pygmy sundews???

This is kind of random, but recently I have run out of space due to tissue culture. I have a big tub of pygmies that has been neglected for the past year. They have not had a meal for this entire time. I've never had time to make gemmae, so I always leave my fixtures on a 16 hour photoperiod, which constantly triggers the flowering response, as you can see from the a few of the pictures :0o:. If you let them make gemmae this year, you will have tons of them, and can repot them up in smaller containers that won't take up as much space.

Here's a link to a few pictures of what pygmies are growing in the tub (they are not currently labeled, but I have a key and will label them before I give them to you.):
Here is a link to an album on photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/sundewman/Pygmy Sundew Tub/Pygmy Sundew Tub/

The 12 (living) species that are in this tub include:
D. nitidula ssp. allanostigma
D. leucostigma
D. nitidula x pulchella
CAN look like this, but has not had this much light in a while:
nitidulaxpulchella_and_roseana.JPG

D. occidentalis var. microscapa
D. omissa x pulchella
D. omissa
D. pulchella 'Salmon flower'=deceased, so I will replace with D. pulchella (Coral Pink, Red center, from Karidale, WA)
D. roseana- behind the D. nitidula x pulchella in the picture above.
D. scorpioides "Pink Flower"
D. stelliflora
D. x 'Lake Carbarup'
D. x 'Lake Badgerup'

The only thing is that I've invested over $100 into gemmae, plants, media, and (and a ton of time) so I feel as though I'd have to get at least half of that back to make me feel like I'm not throwing my money away...so I don't know if I can get some sort of commitment beforehand, or else I suppose I'll bring it along anyway and maybe trade it off or give it away if it comes down to that....

Also, keep in mind that these can/should be grown in a partly sunny location outdoors so that they're able to catch food on their own. Since my summer plans have changed, I will no longer be able to do this. Just make sure they don't dry out, and that they aren't subjected to scorching heat for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
I will be there.... I have the following to trade:

• N. gracillis
  • Seedlings of N. splendiana x mixta
  • Seedlings of N. [thorelii x (stenophylla x lowii)] x unknown
  • Unknown sarracenia hybrid seedlings.
  • A variety of pings and utrics (I can bring some of these if requested)

See you there,

-Hermes.

Uhhhgg I just layed my contributions out on the table and my internet did somethin funky. Well, basically I have some seperable Nep nodes. (albo(white), veitchii,Vent x inermis, ventricosa >.>, a couple no-names) I also have some dros that need some TLC. Let me know if youre interested in any of that stuff. I just fourthed my previous post due to frustration : ) but you get the jist of it, see you guys there. Oh and if you are really joking about the clowns I will be dissapointed. I am hopeful.

Take Care,
-Phill

PS Im interested in nep seeds/seeedlings

You'll be there right Phill ? Plus me that makes at least 2 clowns.... :jester:

Hey guys if you are coming and haven't recieved an email from me yet send me your home email so I can attach the fliers with directions and demands.

Last edited:
I don't know about Sarr's, but I am bringing my wife! :-D

Oh, you mean for trading...
Well, I do hope to bring a bunch of crap and also some interesting / hard to find things to trade, but it is mostly non-plant items. :banana2:
I do have some Viking seedlings, and may bring those if I have some spares.

I am looking for some Colorful Sarrs, Neps and giants (VFTs, Dews).
I'd also like a Big Screen TV and another new car, if anyone is bringing one of those to trade! :-))

Looking forward to seeing you all! (Hope I make it!)
Paul

Well I really won't have any Sarrs to trade until this winter at the earliest. Is anybody bringing 'just for show' material? If so I could maybe bring a few...

Still hoping someone brings some to trade, I could always use more purps, especially with location info :drool:

Is anybody bringing 'just for show' material? If so I could maybe bring a few...

Why not ?! Brag a little or alot it doesn't matter really, just show up !

Oh and Phill I forgot to mention Paul :jester: , that will make 3 :-))

Here's a list of things that I can bring.

- Few nep cuttings from whatever seems to be growing out of control.
- I have so me old nep seeds that I'll give away (no germination guarantee )
- Anyone need any materials for terrariums?
- Anyone need silica sand?
- I'm trying to do a bulk order of sarras, if they get here in time I'll be able to bring some of those.
- Various TC materials.

Nathan,
the wife and I are gonna miss seeing your "cave", but we heard Chris has a body buried in his basement, and a plant that says "Feed Me"! all the time, so it should be interesting! :0o:

Look forward to seeing you! :banana2:

PS: what is the sand going for, near you? We are doing about $6 a bag here, but always looking for the BBD (Bigger Better Deal)!

Love to hear what you have been doing TC-wise.

And Chris, I will have to bring my clown outfit! Wait a minute, I always wear that! :jester::jester::jester:

Trade items!

Hi All,
I have some "non-living" items I hope to bring to the meeting to trade.
I am breaking up a large bale of coir, and have a few fish tanks, planting/potting sieves and lots of pots!
Stuff1.jpg

If anyone is interested in these, or looking for something special,
be sure to PM me and I will try to make sure I bring what you are wanting.

In addition to what you see here, I may also be able to pick up some turface and hydroton to bring too. If you are needing/wanting something in particular that you can't find back home, be sure to let me know and I can see if I can locate it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. :banana2:

Paul :water:

I'd like to go, but I won't be able to! I'm interested in doing this in the future tho!

Cole

Not sure if Mark emailed anyone, but in my last conversation with him, he mentioned that he won't be able to attend, due to graduations that day :(

Also, Vbkid mentioned he wants to attend, but he graduated this past weekend, and doesn't know if he will make it or not (I'm guessing he won't though).

I have plenty of dews that I've transplanted, and some are looking better than others, after frying in the sun outside with minimal water on Monday :blush:.
Looks like I'll have plenty of D. 'Ivan's Paddle's to bring, as well as several others.

Coming up ! We are getting things in order although not in the order I had planned. (I am married after all) Looks like the weather might cooperate as well. See you guys Sunday !

I'm probably going to bring some of my better neps. I need to trade them for stuff I can export to Canada. If someone can bring heliamphora or cephs to trade, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Hermes.

We are on the road! See everybody there.

Leaving tonight and crashing in Indy to shorten the drive Sunday morning! See you all soon!:banana2:

Well it's here !

See you all there !..... Here !

Last edited:
Back