What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Central CP Meeting 2010

Okay Chris!

I'm here! Where are you! ???

Aw, still got an hour and 20 minutes! Well, see ya shortly! :banana2:

Paul :water:

I am going to try my darndest to come. My son's BB tournament is no longer taking place, well it is but they aren't going to attend since they already qualified for nationals... whatever that means. So I am free as of this moment.

I am on call that weekend, but I have a mobile office so as long as the sky doesn't fall I should be able to attend.

Sorry I can't give anything firmer than that.

Well, the sky didn't fall but it looks like I am not going to be able to make it. :( Doing a darn database/application deployment to a main company application. Not something that should be done on the road. Why do they always schedule them when I am on call!

Have fun everybody. Please keep me on mind next time you have one. I would really like to attend one of these days.

Dashman!
You missed a GREAT time!

For Chris...Thanks VERY MUCH for making this yet another successful gathering and a fun time! :banana2::boogie::banana2:
My wife and I enjoyed ourselves immensely and appreciate you opening your home to host.
It was nice to see familiar faces and friends, and also especially to meet and make new ones!
(I am finally able to put faces to some more of those names on TF!) :-O

Indeed everyone was friendly, nice and a pleasure to talk to and visit with.

Photos will follow shortly....

Again to Chris and to those of you who traded and donated generously, our appreciation goes out to you.
I have to run for now... my free N. Hamata and some of the other rare Neps that we were all given, need potting up!

Take care everyone! :beer: Thanks for a good time!

Great meeting!
Good visiting with good folks.
Lots of very nice plants, good food, and live entertainment too!
What more could one ask for?

We had a great time as well. Good to see everyone again as well as some new faces. The cops said that next time we need to warn them a week in advance so the correct size paddy wagon can be on hand. Oh yah and my insurance guy swears I don't have a case. Next year definately no clowns !

I'll just go ahead and echo what has already been said. Thank you Chris for inviting us all into your home and allowing us to carry out conversations with people that actually understand what we are talking about! :)
We had a lovely time and can't wait for the next get together! Overall it was a great success! Oh and next time I'll be sure to remember the 1 hour delay :S (Sorry Chris lol)

IMG_3039.JPG

IMG_3040.JPG

IMG_3041-1.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

Top row from left to right: Captain Hamata, Rocket Caver, F R e N c H 3 z, Peat, MrFlyTrap2, Hermopolis
Bottom row from left to right: Growingold, CPlantaholic, Droseraguy

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the meet. I agree with everything that has been said. Great friends, great food, and great plants.

Chris, thank you for hosting such a great event.

-Hermes.

~whimper~.. ~sigh~.. Wish I could have came up with the gas money to make it down. Looks like I missed a good time.

Yet another thank you to Chris! I didn't expect Saint Anne/ Kanakee to be so beautiful.
It was also great to meet the new people and to see all of the friends from past meetings again as well- it was certainly worth the drive!

Here are a few pictures, mostly of Chris's awesome collection! (sorry i don't know the specific names of anything besides the dews :))
Nepenthes
DSC09863.jpg

D. callistos
DSC09864.jpg

D. callistos flower
DSC09867.jpg

D. roseana
DSC09868.jpg

D. graomogolensis
DSC09875.jpg

Regia and friends
DSC09872.jpg

DSC09873.jpg

A nice collection of flytraps
DSC09880.jpg

A young Nep
DSC09878.jpg

ping pullings
DSC09881.jpg

Thanks again Chris for hosting the gathering. It's nice to have meetings where people can talk about their cp addictions and start the recovery process.

Indeed there was a buffet of goodies... :rookwoot:
Here's another look at the long, long, long table we had! :0o:

Table-Long.jpg

And for those of you who wondered about the generous give-a-ways of rare Neps and plants I spoke of,
this picture says it all! :-))

Group2010.jpg

Indeed we all went home with something special, and all seemed to have a really good time. :beer:

Once again, my thanks and appreciation to everyone who was so thoughtful, generous and kind to my wife and I. (You know who you are.) :bigthumpup: And it was a real treat to meet FReNcH3z and Hermopolis! I do hope we will see you again! :clap: And again, my thanks to you Chris, for the effort you put in to making sure we all had a great time. :usa2:
Speaking of time, it went by so fast, and I wish we would have had more time to talk and exchange opinions and ideas. :wave:

Now I have to go see if I can find that funky pic of Capt. Hamata playing the pipes! Indeed the entertainment was a real treat, along with the Sarracenia cake! (Yes, you heard me right!) Sarracenia cake! :-D

Take care all! Hope to see you again soon!

:-)) Aaron sure knows how to grow his sundews! Oh and Paul let me know when you can take divisions of that VFT, I have a neighborhood cat I need to get rid of :jester:

bahahaha! that is awesome Paul!
Chris sure has some incredible Saracennia bogs in his yard!

Well in a way you were Adam. We all chipped in and put together a small starting back up / welcome home package for you. The plants will be hanging around at my place until you return. Then we've got to either meet up for the hand off or I can send you a package. Either way the gesture was our way of saying thanks for your service !

Wow Paul those are some nice pics ! I didn't realize the color in my back yard was so vibrant. No wonder there have not been many cats wandering around, for long anyway. You all were great to have. What can I say about that cake too. Mmmmm !

Oh guys!... I dont what to say... Such a small thing means so much.. Chris I'd love to pick them up and meet you of course. PM me and details can be worked out etc..
Again thank you guys!

Back