What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoo-ray for hot peppers!

Pepper spray grenade. Just what I've been looking for to make my food a little less bland! :p

Truthfully -- I can't find any peppers that are hot enough here. Habaneros just aren't cutting it any more, and they're the hottest thing that I commonly find. Still searching -- unless someone has a good online recommendation. ;)

I do: Stribwings. This guy's a friend, and makes some really nice sauces. If you want even more heat, he also sells smoked, whole, flaked and powdered jolokias. If that ain't hot enough, well...... ???

He's local, too, somewhere's in the Central Valley, I think. I forgot where, but within reach, if you're that desperate for a fix. ;)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. If I need hotter than that, I think it's time to just start buying military-grade pepper spray. :p

Haha I'll have to check for that location. ;)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. If I need hotter than that, I think it's time to just start buying military-grade pepper spray. :p

Haha I'll have to check for that location. ;)

Hotter peppers? Look up "ghost chillies" Hottest pepper on earth. ;)

Jolokia is ghost pepper right?

What caught my eye is...

It has more than 1,000,000 Scoville units
I use 90,000 SU cayenne powder occasionally as a natural alternative to chemical dewormers for my birds. It also seems to help with the blood-feather phase, probably the vit A in it.

I'm careful not to breath in the 90k stuff when I use it. I couldn't imagine what 1,000,000+ SU would be like!

I use 90,000 SU cayenne powder occasionally as a natural alternative to chemical dewormers for my birds. It also seems to help with the blood-feather phase, probably the vit A in it.

Cute trick -- for those of you who don't know, birds don't have the trouble with capsaicin (the stuff that makes peppers hot) that we do. Well, not in their mouths, anyway -- a little down the line and they suffer the same consequences that we do. ;)

birds don't have the trouble with capsaicin
True, no capsaicin receptors. :)

-- a little down the line and they suffer the same consequences that we do. ;)
Yeah. LOL You still have to be careful not to overdo it because of that.

Back