What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

an idea

is there anyway to have a rating system put in place for users on this forum? i realize the deadbeat traders list is there but doesnt really allow other users to rate the people you trade with. something like on the side under the avatar or the likes, it would be pretty nice and allow people to see whose trustworthy in sort of "real time".

maybe even start an IDEA thread for TF to get input to improve it? not that much improvement is needed :)

~billy

Sounds like a good idea to me. Like a reputation level, red is bad and green is good kinda deal.

I do like the idea. I have been using the visitor message on your personl profile where people can leave good trade messages. Check mine out, You'll see a few good trade messages. ;)

I think this would be a great idea.... Red = bad / Green = good / yellow = in between good and bad / white = never traded...

I do like the idea. I have been using the visitor message on your personl profile where people can leave good trade messages. Check mine out, You'll see a few good trade messages. ;)

thats pretty much what i noticed people were doing. thats what made me think to mention this.

~billy

Anything add on (like initially quested) added to the forum is a hack made by a 3rd party. The main problem with that, is they generally make a version or three and then they go away so as the forum software is updated, these add-ons go outdated and then you end up losing everything to do with that hack. Also, I feel like the bad trader list does its deed (as long as people are reporting people that they've had issues with!) Either way there is going to be someone that takes the plunge and is the first to try a trade with someone and either it works out fine, or it won't and their name will go on the list when they are reported.

As far as the rating system, that's just for rating a person in generally... Generally you give them a rating when you see a post that they have posted that you like, or don't like. From the forums I have seen this on, it ends up just being a popularity contest. Those that are popular or like to spam a lot vote each other up, and vote the people that don't fit into their click down a lot. And I don't think that kind of division between memebers needs to be made here.
Andrew

I don't trade much anymore, but used to quite a lot and bad trades were so rare that I don't see any point in worrying about them. I might think differently if I were trading something incredibly rare and valuable, in which case, I might limit myself to trading with someone I've traded with before or who is well known in the forum. But my unexpectedly good trades far outnumber the bad ones.

I've known of some traders who won't ship their plants until they see what they receive but, fortunately, they seem pretty rare at Terraforums. Having too many of them around will make a trading system collapse. A few people I know in the real world say they'd never be able to trade like we do because they don't trust people to follow through. That must be a helluva way to go through life. Take your chances and hopefully your experiences will be as good as mine have been.

Andrew,
I agree wholeheartedly!

I am wondering, has there been an issue with someone not trading fairly?
If there has, I haven't seen it.
But I assume it would have to be blatant unfairness for it to really make enough impact to merit bringing it out in the open.

herenorthere- you got it bud!

GrowinOld, very very very few things have not been resolved one way or another. Those people are found on the bad traders list which is stickied in the trading forum. 3-Level Questionable/Deadbeat Traders List I think that's great ratios with the amount of trades that go on around here.
Andrew

As Andrew mentioned, there have been a few issues but most were some time ago. One took a bit longer to resolve, not because of Terra & the mods, but because the individual was probably the most prolific poster on the boards, people were afraid to say anything. Eventually, the truth was shared & he went away...

If something is remotely valuable, share pics & discuss shipping & packing. Most people with decent plants won't risk their reputation on a trade or two since the overall CP community is fairly small & once a reputation is shot, they'll have trouble trading with any established people until they die... :0o: (ask Mr. Gravine how his trades are going...)

Back