Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soil experts what is this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where do you think most the bentonite comes from?............Montana and Wyoming........that be where i am at, a few hours south of me is the bentonite capital of the US.....all bentonite is is extremely fine grained clay......only slightly finer than what most the clay that is here....the crap when its wet because if forms tacky axle grease....slipperier than hell and sticks to everything.....cant drive on it, hell can you hardly walk on it.....which is why the hunting areas around here have signs saying that you have to carry 3 days worth of supplies to get into some places......a brief rain shower that drops 1/10 of an inch of rain means yah are stuck for a couple days till it dries out.....where i live was the bottom of an inland sea 65 million years ago.....fine silt clay makes up the majority of the soil......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    where do you think most the bentonite comes from?............Montana and Wyoming........that be where i am at, a few hours south of me is the bentonite capital of the US.....all bentonite is is extremely fine grained clay......only slightly finer than what most the clay that is here....the crap when its wet because if forms tacky axle grease....slipperier than hell and sticks to everything.....cant drive on it, hell can you hardly walk on it.....which is why the hunting areas around here have signs saying that you have to carry 3 days worth of supplies to get into some places......a brief rain shower that drops 1/10 of an inch of rain means yah are stuck for a couple days till it dries out.....where i live was the bottom of an inland sea 65 million years ago.....fine silt clay makes up the majority of the soil......
    It seems like you are in fact familiar with bentonite rattler! So are you suggesting that would be a good addition for swords's terrarium? Bentonite is the main ingredient in clumping kitty litter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when mixed with sand and a lil peat why wouldnt it work? i grow everything from ferns to tomatoes and corn in similar stuff to that mix.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the 3 to 1 washed sand to bentonite and it still collapses when it dries (not enough tack) so I'll try 50/50 batch tomorrow when I've "slimed up" another litter sample! LOL

BTW if anyone is keeping track, I'm experimenting with the red bag of "Special Kitty" brand litter from Walmart since it's 100% pure clay with no additives and 25 lbs is $2.65 can't go much cheaper for an experiment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12