User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Time Ever - A Reptile Show in MN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Time Ever - A Reptile Show in MN!

Well FINALLY Minnesota is having it's first ever reptile and exotic pets expo next week: Sunday April 25th at the Holiday Inn next to the Mall of America and the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport.

Here's the Official website: http://mnreptileshow.vpweb.com/

If anyone reading this is from MN I hope you'll turn out and it will be a big hit and persuade them to keep having these shows. We've never had any reptile shows stop here before so it will be very special for us. I'll try and get photos and post them if they don't have a fit about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im sure bhb reptiles had a huge effect on it. They are the nations biggest snake breeders and they are in mn or michigan. Check them out as snakebitestv at youtube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I'll try and get photos and post them if they don't have a fit about it.
    Most reptile shows are very photo friendly. Just make sure you ask the vendor if you want to get a closer photo that requires something like opening a cage or the like as they generally hate it when someone just pops a top off or swings a door open.

Quote Originally Posted by naich View Post
    im sure bhb reptiles had a huge effect on it. They are the nations biggest snake breeders and they are in mn or michigan. Check them out as snakebitestv at youtube
    BHB will have some epic cool stuff if they show up. They are probably one of the top 5 ball python morph makers out there. Seriously expensive stuff.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never just yank the lid off a tank but I suppose there are some out there with a compunction to do so. It would be funny to see the critter bolt up onto the guys face like the Alien facehugger!

I've always wanted one of those green tree pythons in a jungle style vivarium but I'm not hip with having to feed mice, chicks, etc. so that's kept me from ever getting into big stuff like snakes and the more impressive herps like a frilled dragons or basilisks. I'd have a blast setting up a huge naturalistic vivarium for these guys with waterfalls and swimming pools but the mammal feeding thing keeps me from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never just yank the lid off a tank but I suppose there are some out there with a compunction to do so. It would be funny to see the critter bolt up onto the guys face like the Alien facehugger!
    Seen something like that a couple times. Once was a Phelsuma gecko, that turned into a fiasco cause those buggers are lightning fast took near an hour to catch the little bugger. The other was a whites tree frog, never heard a grown man scream so much like a little baby

I've always wanted one of those green tree pythons in a jungle style vivarium but I'm not hip with having to feed mice, chicks, etc. so that's kept me from ever getting into big stuff like snakes and the more impressive herps like a frilled dragons or basilisks. I'd have a blast setting up a huge naturalistic vivarium for these guys with waterfalls and swimming pools but the mammal feeding thing keeps me from it.
    Well I can hardly argue with that:

But they have some wicked teeth:

Best food for them is mice/rats. You do know that you can get frozen feeders right? All you do is thaw it out in some warm water and then grab with the forceps and either dangle it in the tank or do a "rat fairy" move.

If you want to research more about it I can direct you to some good forums or you can feel free to PM/email me too.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    OMG

I saw a post on a herp forum that a guy got bit by one of those....now where is it.....

not for the fain of heart: snake bites

The mangrove bite is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geesus! Stay away from the mangroves eh? LOL

I think I will look into some CB baby frilled dragons instead since they have an insect based diet and only eat pinks or furry mice when people feel like making a thrilling you tube video (or giving their guys a special treat). I can handle feeding them roaches and phoenix worms.

I don't wanna raise mice cos their urine stinks, I had them as a pet when I was a kid and PEW! I know about the frozen feeders, but I've never seen them, how gross does a bunch of frozen mice look? Got any pics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geesus! Stay away from the mangroves eh? LOL
    Mangroves are venomous which is why that bite looks so bad. Personally I will not do venomous snakes, too much of a risk. And I think people showboating their bites like that are just bad fr the hobby. Really there is nothing "cool" about that fact that you got careless and got bitten. To me it is a screaming mark of failure.

I think I will look into some CB baby frilled dragons instead since they have an insect based diet and only eat pinks or furry mice when people feel like making a thrilling you tube video (or giving their guys a special treat). I can handle feeding them roaches and phoenix worms.
    I wish I had the room for a frilly but when they are adults they are like iguanas and need lots of space and I just do not have that at this time. Maybe in the years to come...

I don't wanna raise mice cos their urine stinks, I had them as a pet when I was a kid and PEW!
    I hear that. I never even raised rodents but I know their stench well from working with them in the lab. Plus, there are my allergies...

I know about the frozen feeders, but I've never seen them,
    If you are made of money, Petsmart and Petco have them for like $3/mouse. But there are at least 6 major online vendors out there who sell large quantities. I personally preferred MiceDirect, they had the best quality. Plus, being in GA (when I was in GA) I was able to just drive up and get them. I use a local guy here in MD, he is not a major supplier but he raises his own rats for his extensive snake collection and he has spares. So again I save on shipping. But even if you factor shipping in, mail order is cheaper than Petsmart/Petco.

how gross does a bunch of frozen mice look? Got any pics?
    Ask and ye shall receive:

Not all that gross at all IMO. Technically these are not mice, they are rats (chubs on left, smalls on right) but you get the idea.

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast