Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greening CPs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowinOld View Post
    Well, that is about all I can think of for the moment. I would love to say I am doing something admirable and complex, and costly, like having an expensive windmill generator or an array of solar panels on my roof to supply all my electrical needs. That really makes others envy you, when you have lots of cash to blow in the name of some worthy cause.
    But to be honest, it is people with little or no money who come up with the good "green" ideas. Like the college kids here, who can't afford the water or electricity, and so find ways to be "green" without spending "green"! These are the people I admire! Besides, what do you do with a solar panel when it is busted and the sun has cooked the crap out of it and the parts are brittle and of no use? I wonder!
    Look up "pvcdrom" online to see that new solar wafers are made out of industrial silicon scrap, and I'm sure that the housing on your solar modules is some sort of re-melt-and-moldable plastic or metal. I've contemplated setting up some solar modules to use for powering some lights inside for when the plants aren't in the sun, but given my current living situation (renting, don't own) I don't think it's too good an idea to set up something as complicated as that because I'm sure it would scare the neighbors ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    ... that my neighbor leaves out for the homeless to retrieve the recycle deposit on the bottles. I use the bottles until they crack or get too beat up to hold water safely then I collect the deposit on them.
    That makes me feel uneasy...I would put them back out for the homeless (speaking as a formerly very poor person).

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    That makes me feel uneasy...I would put them back out for the homeless (speaking as a formerly very poor person).
    I tell you I haven't really had a job since last year and over $5000 in medical bills. Guess who is a couple months away from being homeless too.

She leaves out 3-5 bottles a week. I've taken 10 and have to replace 1 or two every 8 months or so. No big loss for the homeless of 10 cents every 8 months.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I tell you I haven't really had a job since last year and over $5000 in medical bills. Guess who is a couple months away from being homeless too.

She leaves out 3-5 bottles a week. I've taken 10 and have to replace 1 or two every 8 months or so. No big loss for the homeless of 10 cents every 8 months.
    Oh...

well I suppose I should have a doctor pull my foot out of my mouth with how far down my throat I've shoved it. My sincerest of apologies. If we meet up at a LACPS I so owe you a drink or something...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a #,

I understand MORE than I will explain!

Hang in there, all there is to do sometimes!
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feed my neps by recycling livestock from my aquarium and use tapwater for all my plants.(it's rlly pure here)
    If you mean in general, i insulated my whole house, buy only the most energy efficient appliances, bring my own shopping bag, do 95% of my travelling by bicycle, separate all my garbage etc...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12