Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Hydro shop batman!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Hydroton grow moss? I was curious about top dressing the orchid pots with LFS but didn't know if it would wick enough water for moss growth. I wonder if Neps could grow as "semi-hydro" in plain Hydroton and water like the orchids?

What does the egg crate do overtop of the hydroton other than an even floor? I hunted down the Hydroton so I could avoid using the eggcrate and PVC risers! LOL

I planned to go from the bottom up: Hydroton, fine mesh black nylon screen, soil mix, top dressing of live moss.

Growing Old:

I love all the stuff they have in there, my wheels got turning every aisle I walked down. When I go to build a large custom enclosure I will be going back there to get some large square ebb and flow tubs to use as waterproof bottoms that an enclosure could be built up around. They come in perfectly square shapes and even measurements like 22" x 44" x 8" and made very sturdy UV proof plastic.

In Cali where it's nearly legal, the hydro shops must be just crazy with the plant growing gadgets. 1/2 of this place is also dedicated to homebrew and wine making. And I think making white lightening too cos they had the giant distillery coils for sale. I thought bootlegging hard stuff was as illegal as growing the other...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Will Hydroton grow moss? I was curious about top dressing the orchid pots with LFS but didn't know if it would wick enough water for moss growth. I wonder if Neps could grow as "semi-hydro" in plain Hydroton and water like the orchids?

What does the egg crate do overtop of the hydroton other than an even floor? I hunted down the Hydroton so I could avoid using the eggcrate and PVC risers! LOL

I planned to go from the bottom up: Hydroton, fine mesh black nylon screen, soil mix, top dressing of live moss.
    Hydroton will still grow moss giving the right conditions, it is slower than say peat/sand but it still will.

I have heard some species of Nep's will grow in semi-hydro and alot of people root cutting in just water so semi-hydro would be an upgrade from that.

If your doing the "natural" layout then there would be no use for the eggcrate, the ones I have it in have pots and the level floor is great. The "natural" ones do not have the eggcrate since I have no pots in them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your doing the "natural" layout then there would be no use for the eggcrate, the ones I have it in have pots and the level floor is great. The "natural" ones do not have the eggcrate since I have no pots in them.
    Ah cool! Yeah for any GH style tanks I always use the crate and risers I hate tippy pots, I like to be able to evenly water them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12