What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Instruments Do YOU Play?

• Thread starter Clue
  • Start date

Clue

clippity-clip-clip
So, I was wondering, who plays what nowadays? :-O

I currently play violin and piano. I am learning how to play the ukulele and really want to learn how to play the erhu. :crazy:

Violin- Started this school year
Piano- Only taken it seriously recently (my dad's been trying to make me learn since I was 7 or 8)

So, anyone play anything really odd or amazing? Didgeridoos come to mind...... ;)

I've been playing bass guitar on and off since the sixth grade.

I begged my parents to let me play piano when I was 8 or 9 but they couldn't afford it. Now I want to get lessons for my kids but none of them are interested... go figure.

i can only play one instrument: the piano....for 16 years..............yup.

Last xmas I bought a bunch of film composers synths from EastWest Studios to create my dark ambient/orchestral stuff and got the Sonar 8 digital recording studio on my PC to create clean recordings. Compare that setup to my ancient Tascam 4 track cassette studio and musty old analog keyboards with terrible sounds that I somehow recorded several demos and a CD with! lol

I've just gotta find time to actually get back into it heavily and it will be fun to do again after all these years (15 years maybe).

What ive learned on -
keyboard -10 years
drums - 4 years
guitar - off and on for 12 years (still rubbish at it rofl)
some violin and bagpipes (had to learn a few songs for a couple of funerals.....)
and a bit of flute as well...

what i actually play regularly
keyboard and guitar

Does Guitar Hero count? XD

But as far as real instruments back in elementary I played 3 different types of recorders and in Middle school played the trumpet.

I started out with the trumpet in 3rd grade..switched to the Baritone in 5th grade (basically a larger version of a trumpet) and played that in school concert and marching band through senior year.

after graduating from highschool, I never picked up a baritone or trumpet ever again..
been over 20 years now..(I still hve my 3rd grade trumpet!)

In college I started playing the bass guitar, and played it in a Rock band for 5 years in my mid 20's..

Scot

I started the alto saxophone (don't even know if I spelled it right) last year in school... I play it, but I still kinda suck at it. XD :p I also was taking piano lessons once but I sucked at that too. :p

Harmonica, still learning new songs.

Learning soprano, alto & tenor recorder, and wish to learn how to use that silly ukulele I bought recently.

I play the cello (9 years) and piano (13 years) as well as several more obscure Asian instruments. I've been playing the erhu for a few years. It's essentially a two stringed instrument played vertically like a cello. I also play the xiao, which is an end blown flute like the Japanese shakuhachi. Recently, I've been learning to play the koto, which is a Japanese zither. I really want to learn to play the guitar, but I haven't found the time.

I play the cello (9 years) and piano (13 years) as well as several more obscure Asian instruments. I've been playing the erhu for a few years. It's essentially a two stringed instrument played vertically like a cello. I also play the xiao, which is an end blown flute like the Japanese shakuhachi. Recently, I've been learning to play the koto, which is a Japanese zither. I really want to learn to play the guitar, but I haven't found the time.

I find that really cool! The xiao sounds like a really neat instrument. :)

I play the didgeridoo

I played the trombone for 2 years.

Piano for about 1 and a half years. But I still kind of suck and get unmotivated a lot.

I play the didgeridoo

That's just awesome.

Bass, and Guitar, Violin, Piano, Drums, and I sing....

Started out a drummer. Now play guitar. just rhythm, nothing fancy for fun. Have a 2006 MIM Fender Telecaster. LOVE it.

I played flute for 7 years and have been playing the Great Highland Bagpipes for almost a year now. I love learning how to play new instruments and hope to learn more.

Back