Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warhammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Space Hulk box set of Terminator Space Marines and Genestealers & Tyranids was my first set of minis back in 1989 or so. I discovered Warhammer 40K by listening to Bolt Thrower's "Realm of Chaos" LP and then stumbled upon the Warhammer rules book at the magazine shop that had the same artwork on the cover of the Bolt Thrower album. I had to buy the book and then it was all over I was a Warhammer weirdo! BTW If you like groove laden Death Metal I don't think there's a better DM album out there than Realm of Chaos but then I'm biased been listening to it for 20 years or so!

The prices of minis are freakin' crazy these days! I dunno how kids would afford them anymore. When I was a kid they were $8 for standard 2 pewter minis blister packs and $20-40 for the plastic mini box sets. Now minis are $20 per blister around here and one bigger figure/multi fig box is $60-$100 and up to $500+ if you buy the rarer Forgeworld stuff.

I really miss being able to see them good enough to paint them!

Mabudon is that the "Cuttlefish of Cthulhu"? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ill check out the diablo 2 lords of destruciton when i get a new comp, how bout Duke Nuke em doesnt any one here like that lets go old school :P
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention I picked up these two WH40K short story anthologies today:

Should be some tasty reading!

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to be big into 40k when I lived in New Jersey; I liked Necrons and Space Marines.
    This thread inspired me to go dig some of them up ad take a look at my 14 year old painting skills. I don't think I did too bad, but I'd really like to touch them up one of these days.

Maybe I'll take a few pictures.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play the computer games and I read the official novels. The games don't even scratch the surface of the universe though. If you got into Warhammer 40k and Warhammer, the whole warcraft and Starcraft universes look like a complete ripoff considering when both of those series came out.

For those who don't know Warhammer is essentially a story of war between some very unique races. Warhammer 40k is in the year 40xxx and basically a bunch of races again fight galactically for control of the universe. It might be a bit nerdy to some, but I just picked up the game one day and I think it rivals Star Wars in terms of depth and story telling.

There is a table top mini-war game played like chess that concists of game pieces and landscape. The video games are a real time strategy type game which is very popular among non fans of the series.
    Nepenthes Outdoors in CA

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    diablo is actually pretty old school. (in gaming terms i suppose) its ten years old. i never really played duke nukem, but DOOM is pretty damn epic still... i wish they would make doom for the nintendo ds. i found a diablo clone for the ds called dungeon explorer. i played it for nearly 70 hours in the first week. it was that cool. but now it just sits there since i beat it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millipede View Post
    diablo is actually pretty old school. (in gaming terms i suppose) its ten years old. i never really played duke nukem, but DOOM is pretty damn epic still... i wish they would make doom for the nintendo ds. i found a diablo clone for the ds called dungeon explorer. i played it for nearly 70 hours in the first week. it was that cool. but now it just sits there since i beat it...
    they just released Duke Nuke em forever last month!!!!! AWESOMEZ!!!!!! well i looked into the Diablo 2 gameplay on youtube and i'm not too much of a fan so far :P maybe hands on can persuade me
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    duke nuke em is good, doom 1 and 2, gta (the original sky cam one), and there was this old sega game i used to play alot, where you were a human but if u got a power up or something you turned into some wolf type creature (i got the cartridge at a yard sale with the front peeled off, never known the name). and as far as diablo...yes diablo 2 lord of destruction is mad. i cant wait for 3 and starcraft is also a good game some of you should look into if you havent played it yet.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12