What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for new nep suggestions?

I want a ventricosa x spectabilis. but i want to grow it as an outdoor plant. seeing as i grow my ventricosa currently outdoors and it seems to be doing great here in south florida. i wanna know from someone that has one or has had one, how hardy are these plants? are they high maintenance? and do they require the highland night drops? ive noticed that my ventricosa goes from high 70's low 80's during the day to mid 70's during the night with 50-70% humidity respectively. and that seems to be doing it well. suggestions please?

It grows really fast in my bone-dry closet. It responds really well to fertilizer too. The latest flush of leaves are fairly huge. Mine grows faster than either of it's parents. The ventricosa on the right had a year head start though.

I have a seed grown Vent x Spec. Its a very nice and easy plant to grow. Once it settles in, it seems to grow at a nice fast growth rate.
I wouldn't say that Vent x spec is a high maintenance plant. I just treat it like any other of my plants. Just good water and light. I grow it on a South facing window sill in a terrarium. I have it growing in room temps. I dont think this plant requires a drop in night time temps, but I assume the drop in temps would help the plant anyways.
I think you'll be fine growing this hybrid as just a regular house plant. Its not picky at all.

Last edited:
thanks alot nep101 and chris, you've just solidified my decision.

Based on the title of the thread were you looking for other neps to add to your collection too or just that hybrid in particular? I'm sure lots of people have favorites they'd like to add too that would be of interest to your situation.

that one mainly seeing as that is going to be my next immediate purchase, but defenetely open to suggestions on other LL or hybrids that will do great in the conditions mentioned above.

Back