Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Local LFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so I'm totally new to this forum. But really...

This whole topic (same guy and situation, same everything), has already been debated. AN CLOSED...are we trying to close another thread?
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122697

Is there really a need to keep going? I'm sure he understands your warnings and concerns. The guy is going to do what is going to do, if you don't like it then PM him. If you don't think its moral or kosher then don't trade with him. You are not the Fish and Wildlife Service or Federal investigators armed with google.

Now, this whole situation just seems redundant.
    ~~Kupcake
    Children are not just born to us, but found in windows and rescues. ~ Me

Visit my Green Thumb blog at:
    http://kupcakesgreenadventures.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting--i found this on www.michigan.gov/dnr

Part 17, Michigan Environmental Protection Act, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994 PA 451, as amended, requires public and private organizations, as well as individuals, to prevent or minimize environmental degradation that is caused or is likely to be caused by certain activities. Its requirements are in addition to those provided by any other environmental law
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about redundant..

"The state's laws differ considerably between collecting wild "native" plants and collecting native plants on private property."
    The owner of private property has what they consider a "nuisance" and they told me to "take it all out of here, it just get's in the way". On the same not, how can our local nursery buy a peat bog in the Saginaw area, and harvest said peat to sell at their store? My "guess" would be because it has been purchased and has now become private property.

So really the only thing I may be doing wrong is using USPS to send "products" over state lines. They also no longer allow people to use their company to ship tarantulas. Which is why UPS and FedEx are the main source of shipping. But then again, when the USPS counter person asked what the contents of the package was and I said,"Live moss..". He replied with,"OH Okay.. it looked like a big bag of pot, so I had to ask." Guess they don't really have a problem with shipping said product over state lines.

NOW, onto the moral part of the discussion.. The property owner MOWS AS MUCH OF THIS STUFF DOWN AS HE CAN!! So, I am indeed saving this moss and it's contents from imminent destruction. And the trade and sale of these materials is strictly going to growers and cultivators. So, IMO.. I'm ensuring it's survival. Don't judge me if you don't know what the whole story is. Maybe you should've done more research..
    Something else I just thought about.. according to you, the property owner isn't allowed to mow his property because that would be considered destruction and removal. So he could be arrested for mowing his lawn and removing the waste?
    And we already covered the fact that, sphagnum moss and sundews are not on the Michigan endangered/protected list.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by massmorels View Post
    NOW, onto the moral part of the discussion.. The property owner MOWS AS MUCH OF THIS STUFF DOWN AS HE CAN!! So, I am indeed saving this moss and it's contents from imminent destruction. And the trade and sale of these materials is strictly going to growers and cultivators. So, IMO.. I'm ensuring it's survival. Don't judge me if you don't know what the whole story is. Maybe you should've done more research..
    Something else I just thought about.. according to you, the property owner isn't allowed to mow his property because that would be considered destruction and removal. So he could be arrested for mowing his lawn and removing the waste?
    And we already covered the fact that, sphagnum moss and sundews are not on the Michigan endangered/protected list.
    Buhwuh? He mows a QUAKING BOG? Did you know that's impossible?
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...found+sphagnum
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silenceisgod View Post
    Buhwuh? He mows a QUAKING BOG? Did you know that's impossible?
    You didn't read it good enough.. "AS MUCH OF THIS STUFF DOWN AS HE CAN". The sphagnum isn't just located in the quaking section. It stretches into the woods, and up the hill into his backyard as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No redundancy here mass--just variations in interpretation of the law. Are you a lawyer? I'm not--just know that they're pretty good at this thing. Good luck to both you AND this property owner...
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Closed per request
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123